Explain

Sky's POV

I open my eyes, and I have to blink a few times. Everything's still a little bit fuzzy.

When things go clear, I push myself up on my hands, trying my best to ignore the stabbing pains in my chest.

No pun intended, by the way.

My leg is still bleeding, but I guess it wasn't a bad cut, because it doesn't sting anymore. My chest and arm are a different story.

I look around the room, and my eyes land on Ty. He's still out cold.

That's not good.

I slowly push myself over to him, trying not to make my already-bad injuries worse.

"Ty!" I say, shaking him slightly.

"Come on, Ty, I didn't go through all that to have you die on me!" I say, shaking him harder.

Panic sets in. "Ty! Wake up! Please wake up!"

I'm about to give up when I see his eyes start to open.

"Ty?" I don't want to believe it.

"Yeah, it's me." Ty says, and gives me a small smile. He sits up, and his smile gets wider. 

"It's really you this time? No freaky red-eyed guy who looks exactly like you?" I ask, and his smile disappears.

"Yeah, about that..."

"Ty, I'm really glad you're okay, but you've got to explain to me. What's been going on?"

Ty looks up at me. "You want me to start from the beginning?"

"It's always a good idea to start there."

So Ty recounts his entire story, from as far back as he can remember. He's never told me anything about his past, and I listen to every word.

He finishes his story with whatever just happened. "So, I think he's gone. I don't feel him anymore, at least."

"So...that nether-spawn killed Mitch's family and my mom?" I ask.

Ty stays silent for a long time, and then nods slowly.

I can't think straight for a little bit, a million questions spinning around in my brain.

"Why did you keep this from me, Ty?"

He stares at the floor for a little while, but then answers. "At first, I was scared that you would be scared of me, like the people in my old village. I was afraid you'd kick me out, leave me for the zombies. Then I just didn't want you getting involved. I thought I could handle it myself."

"You know what, Ty?"

He looks up at me.

"You handled that for twelve years?"

He nods slowly.

"You are now one of the coolest guys I've ever met."

He smiles, and I return it without hestiation.

----------------------------------------------

YAY I FINALLY UPDATED!!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you guys for breaking my writers block with a bunch of great ideas!!!

(and for those of you who said death would make it better...don't worry, when the final battle comes up there'll be plenty of death for everyone)

BIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ALL MY CHOCOLATE CHIPS!!!!! JOIN THE COOKIE TODAY!!!