One Left

Ty's POV

"Unfortunately." I responded, and I saw what little hope that was left in his eyes leave.

He closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and turns to face Darklox.

He looks at me, and we both nod.

There's only one thing we can do now.

Go down swinging.

I look at Mitch. He hasn't moved since we saw Darklox.

I know he looks at him and only sees his brother. I can tell by his expression.

I elbow him, and his snaps out of it.

"We...we can get him to leave my brother, right?" He asks, his voice shaking.

"Not without killing him." I say.

"But you did it!" He protests.

"Yeah. It almost killed me, and I didn't have an arrow wound in my arm."

He closes his eyes. "We have to kill him, don't we?"

"That's our problem." I say. "We can't kill him. Not without something that can hold Darklox."

"So, we're gonna die either way?" He asks, opening his eyes.

"Yeah, unless we get a miracle. But we're fresh out of those." I say. "We're gonna go down swinging."

Mitch's expression hardens. "Yeah. I'm not dying until he gets a little taste of his own medicine."

Darklox scowls at the others besides us. "If you're so intent on staying here, fine. I promise you that your deaths will be painful." His scowls changes to a grin.

"We're not afraid of you!" Brotato yells, which just causes Darklox to laugh.

I notice that A's hands are shaking a little. "You killed Crafter." She says. "You killed Crafter!" She shouts, and lunges for him, but Brotato holds her back.

"Let go of me! He killed Crafter! I'm gonna kill him!" She screams.

I had never seen her like this. She was really mad.

Understatement of the year.

"A, stop it! You don't know what you're doing!" Brotato says.

"I know exactly what I'm doing! I'm killing the nether-spawn that killed my friend!" She yells.

Darklox smirks down at her, as she finally calms down.

"Okay, okay, I'm calm, I'm calm." She mutters, and Brotato lets go.

"Oh, why'd you hold her back, Brotato?" Darklox sneers. "It would have been fun to see what she was made of."

"I'll have you know that I would kill you right now if-" A tries to say, but Darklox cuts her off.

"If you weren't so weak?" He smirks.

He's trying to get her mad. So she'll try and attack him.

So he can kill her.

It works.

"That's it!" She yells, and before anyone can hold her back, she dives underwater.

Brotato immediately dives after her.

And Darklox raises his hand.

None of us have a bow.

Rose screams.

Brotato reaches A as soon as Darklox's hand closes into a fist, and the blast that was meant for A doesn't hit her.

It hits Brotato.

Now it's A's turn to scream as Brotato crumples right behind her, sinking to the bottom, like Red did.

I see him lift his hand again to kill someone. Is it A? Is it one of us?

"Everyine go under!" Sky yells, and I dive, the cold water enveloping my head.

I open my eyes underwater, and out of the corner of my eye, I see something shimmering at the ocean floor.

Is that...?

I swim to it, and pick it up.

The remains of my headphones.

I guess we had one more miracle left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Told you guys I would be updating a lot on the weekends! :D