Friend-Zoned

Jason's POV

        A drop of sweat runs down my face behind my helmet as the plastic training sword I'm holding hits off of Rose's own training sword. Practicing fighting may be easy with dummies, but it's better with others who will fight back. And we need all the practice we can get if we're going to speed up this war.

        "Come on, Jason, you can do better than that!" Rose laughs.

        Yeah, me and Rose made up. I finally caved in once someone stole my jet pack and left a "nice" little note for me. No doubt in my mind it was either A or Darkclaw. 

        Just goes to show you, never trust Mitch and Jerome when it comes to advice about girls.

        Finally, Rose gets a good hit, and the sword goes flying out of my hand, and almost slams into Impy's head. Thank Notch she has good reflexes and ducked before the sword could do any damage.

        Not that it could cause any real damage, but a good blow to the head from one of those is enough to make you see stars. (A/N: heh...get it? stars?)

        "Hey!" She yells, straightening back up. "Watch it, I'd like to stay conscious for the rest of training, please!"

        She sounds mad, but I can see a smile on her face. She's against A, and both of them could kick each other's butt with their sword skills if they weren't both prepped for it.

        "Send another one this way!" A calls, laughing. "It'll be easy to beat her if a sword smacks her in the face!"

        "Only want him to help 'cause you can't do it yourself." Impy smiles, and then they're going at it again.

        Someone from behind Impy throws my sword back, and I catch it.

        "That's thirteen for me..." Rose counts, counting on her fingertips. "How 'bout nineteen out of twenty?"

        "We've already gone at it fifteen times!" I laugh.

        "Yeah, but it's fun getting to beat you up."

        "Shut up."

        "Make me."

        "'Ey, lovebirds!" A calls, and I turn and look. "Kiss already, why don't you?"

        Rose stares at the ground. "We are not lovebirds," she mutters, and all it takes is that line and I know.

        I've been friend-zoned.

        I curse under my breath, and thankfully, Rose doesn't hear me. I ruined my one chance by taking Mitch and Jerome's advice.

        Remind me to thank them later.

        And by thank I mean punch them in the face.

        But I laugh, as A's concentration breaks to look over at us and Impy knocks the sword out of her hand.

        "HA!" Impy yells, triumphant, while A curses and picks her sword up off of the ground.

        "I call rematch!" A says, and I turn away to look at Rose, who's still staring at the grass.

        "Hey," I say quietly. "You want to go again?"

        She brightens up. "Sure."

        She raises her sword, and off we go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Little short filler today to show that NONE OF THE TEAM MEMBERS HAVE ANY CLUE AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON AT THE HOUSE. JUST SAYIN'.

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ALL MY CHOCOLATE CHIPS!!! JOIN THE COOKIE TODAY!!