Stark's Sick Son

Yep. This was it. This was how Tony Stark died.

Cramped in a room with a bunch of businessmen yammering about product placement.

He literally could not be more uncomfortable. His chair was stiff and hurt his back, the woman next to him smelled like a dead fish, he didn't recognize half the people he was supposed to know and people kept shooting him glares to make sure he was listening. (He wasn't.)

He watched the clock tick in an agonizingly slow pace as he fought off the urge to slam his head on the table to knock himself out.

Then, like a gift sent from God, his phone buzzed.

He grabbed it and after seeing it was Peter, put it to his ear hastily, not really caring if the others noticed. "What's up, kiddo?"

The man who'd been leading the conversation cleared his throat in Tony's direction. "Mr. Stark, please. We're in the middle of a conference, you can't just ans-"

Tony pulled the phone from his ear. "Sorry, it's my son."

"You don't have a-"

Tony shushed him and put his finger against his lips before focusing back on the voice coming out of the phone.

"Um, are you busy?" Peter asked, most likely hearing the commotion from Tony's side, "I-I can call later if you want."

"What? What happened?" Tony feigned worry by adding a layer of concern to his voice. Boy, Pepper was going to hate him for this.

"Oh, well I was just calling because MJ and I are seeing a movie next Sunday and I can't work on the new suit with you."

"Oh my God! Holy-- I'll be right there, kid, hold on." He raised his voice in fake concern as if he was just told his actual son died.

"What?"

"Stark, what's wrong?" Leader Man from before chimed in. His voice was curt in that asshole way and Tony wanted to punch him. His fake-son was fake-dying and this is how he treats him?

"My son's in the hospital. He- he's sick. I gotta go see him." Tony quickly pushed himself out of the chair and pushed past Dead Fish Smelling Lady to get to the door. He was actually kind of proud of his acting skills, he did sound really nervous.

"You can't just leave!" He shouted after him.

"What am I doing right now?" Tony turned away before he could protest again and pressed the phone to his face again. "I'll be right there, sweetie. Don't worry."

"'Sweetie'? What the fu... You heard what I said right, right?"

Tony walked briskly to the front doors and stretched his back once he was outside. "Thank God."

"Mr. Stark, what in the fuck just happened?"

"My second favorite son just got me out of the world's most boring conference meeting."

He could hear Peter stifle a laugh. "Second favorite?"

"Yeah. Right behind DUM-E. Wait; does Vision count as my kid? I think he does. Okay, third favorite."

"I hate you."

"Hey, I left a very important meeting for you!"

Peter seemed almost exasperated as he laughed. "Bye, Dad."

"Bye, Baby Spider."

Peter ended the call abruptly and Tony snickered to himself. Well... now he had more free time and the fact the he called Peter his son and Peter called him his dad.