Everyone is Here!

Requested by @bell2176. I'm so sorry it took so long. (Yes, the title is a Smash Bros Ultimate reference.)

————

The Avengers had been out of touch with Spider-Man for a while now. Not by choice of course, they loved having the kid around, but after getting out of college and landing a job with Oscorp (which still made Tony seethe), Peter didn't have many reasons to hang around with them.

Tony still checked in on him from time to time. Just in case.

He had a fiancé, that MJ girl he met in high school, a full-time job, he lived in an apartment in Queens and was already thinking about having kids. They couldn't be prouder of their youngest teammate.

Still, it was strange. Peter was so... mature. Nothing like the kid that would have movie nights with the Avengers and play with Legos in his Iron Man pajamas. Sometimes Tony would just think of him and marvel at how far he's come. He was, as Nat often called him, a 'proud dad.' He accepted the title wholeheartedly.

But he had his own life, his own responsibilities, his own family. He couldn't focus on his kid forever. Though, he always told Peter he could go to him if he ever needed help.

He never bet on Peter actually needing his help, but, life finds a way.

It started with a blackout. For about five seconds, the entire city flickered like a lightning bug before plunging into complete darkness. Tony had slept through it at first (yes — slept) with his wife curled up into his side and two year old daughter resting soundly on his stomach. She must have been awake at the time, because instantly her tiny hands were on Tony's face, urging him to wake up.

"Daddy!" the toddler cried. She curled her hands into small fists and pounded on her dad's chest. Tony grumbled as his eyes fluttered open unwillingly to the ruckus.

"Morgan...?" he whispered in his sleepy haze. The soft bustling of the city still filtered into his mind from the background, along with his wife's whistling snores.

"Daddy! Ta' lights!"

He squinted up at Morgan, a little confused when he was met with darkness. Had the nightlight Tony used in his room gone out? Even if it did, it shouldn't be this dark. The city—

He looked outside his window and frowned in confusion. A blackout?

Tony sat up, tiredness wearing off quickly, and gathered his daughter in his arms. "Calm down, baby. It's just a power outage."

Which, he couldn't lie, was pretty strange. It takes a lot for the entire city to lose power. There wasn't even a thunderstorm or anything to warrant it. What could—?

His phone buzzed, interrupting his thoughts and lighting up the room slightly. He set Morgan down next to Pepper, who was amazingly still asleep, and answered the call after reading the name on screen.

"The man, the myth, the legend himself. Peter Parker. What's going on?"

"Uhh... Tony, you're in New York, right?"

"Yeah, I'm here. This have anything to do with the blackout?"

"In a way... can I just talk to you? In person?"

"Kid, you do realize it's the middle of the night? I was actually getting some sleep, thank you. And who's 'we'? Are you with someone?"

"Why don't you come over and find out?" And, oh, Tony could just hear the shit-eating grin on his face.

"Fine. But you're gonna pay for this."

"I'm shaking in my boots, sir."

———

After making sure Morgan had fallen back to sleep next to Pepper, he grabbed his keys and set out for the location Peter texted him. It was somewhere in Queens, go figure, but nowhere near his actual apartment. It was closer to the dainty little apartment he lived in as a kid with his aunt, and Tony would be lying if he said he wasn't feeling a bit nostalgic going back down there. Taking the route he used to when he picked the kid up for ice cream or from school. But he wasn't there to reminisce, as elated as he was to see Peter again he knew it was something important he needed to be there for.

Most of the roads were blocked off or jammed due to the chaos the blackout created, but it only worked in Tony's favor as he didn't draw in any unwanted attention. He ended up abandoning his car two blocks away from the meet up point and walking through alleys to get there. Admittedly it wasn't the best idea for a billionaire to be cutting through dark alleys at night with no weapons, but it's not like he can't fight without weapons. Certainly, he's a better fighter than some street thugs.

The chance to show off his amazing martial arts skills never came, though, as he reached the meeting point without any problem. And sure enough, Peter was waiting there.

Only, strangely, Peter wasn't the only one waiting.

"Tony, uh—"

"Wait, Tony Stark!?" a new, unfamiliar voice gasped, stepping out of the shadows to get a better look.

Tony blinked. The boy had dark skin and was wearing a costume that looked extremely similar to Peter's, only it was black and red and the spider emblem looked spray-painted on.

"You're Tony Stark." the boy gasped. Tony blinked in confusion.

"Yes. And you are...?"

He smiled sheepishly. "I'm Miles. I'm from another dimension."

"Right. Of course. Makes sense."

"Tony," Peter chimed in, "I can explain—"

But at that moment, Tony noticed something else that made his head spin, and Peter's words fell on deaf ears.

"Is that a pig?"

The pig, and, yeah, he wasn't on another LSD trip, that was actually a cartoon pig five feet in front of him, stepped to the front. "Peter Porker, at your service." the cartoon figure announced in a voice that sounded like a radio host from the 1920s, just to make everything weirder, holding a four-fingered hand out presumably for Tony to shake.

Tony, honestly, was just at a loss.

A hand landed on Spider-Ham's shoulder and pushed him aside gently. His eyes (and... nostrils?) squinted in silent annoyance but let himself be moved. Tony looked up and was face to face with a blonde girl, no older than 16, with piercings on her face in a white and pink spider outfit. "Gwen Stacy. Spider-Gwen. Also from another dimension."

He still hadn't fully recovered from his shock, but he put on a smile and shook Gwen's hand. "Sorry. It's just. This is the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me, and I'm friends with an ancient Norse god."

Peter stifled a laugh at that. "Uh, yeah, that's Miles and Gwen, um, the black and white guy is Spider-Noir, that one's Peni," he pointed to a short young girl with black hair standing in front of a giant robot, "and... you already met Spider-Ham."

The pig in question took a dramatic bow.

Tony took a deep breath. "So. You're all spiderlings from another dimension."

The cluster of spiders managed to reach a consensus without words. It was Gwen who vocalized it for Tony. "Pretty much."

Tony nodded as if he understood. He did not.

"I can explain everything. Uh. Not the pig, he's an anomaly. But the rest I can totally and definitely explain."

For some reason, Tony doubted that.