Happy Birthday, Peter Parker

A/N: Sorry this is so short and rushed. I'll definitely fix it up once I get the time.

***

"Happy birthday, Pete.

Hopefully you actually get this on your birthday. Still working the kinks out to get this right. I made a few of these messages. Christmas, Groundhog Day, Halloween -- do you kids even celebrate Halloween anymore? Whatever. I made one and you're gonna listen to it. This is my third time trying to get this right. Wait -- Fri, delete that part.

Anyway, happy birthday. I had all these presents in mind, like a DVD of A New Hope signed by Mark Hamill. I have that, by the way. Ask Pep. I figured the materialistic shi- stuff, sorry -- didn't matter. It's about the heart, right? Or something like that. Uh... I'll be honest, I don't know what I'm doing. I don't even know if you'll ever get to...

But on the off chance you're hearing this, I want to congratulate you. 17 is a big number, at least for me it was. I was in college. Not to brag, or anything, but I was a pretty great kid. But this is about you, right? You're seventeen. I'm... I'm glad you made it this far. You deserve it. You and your... guy in the chair.

I hope you're happy. You and May, wherever you are. I hope you have the best birthday anyone's ever had.

I love you 3,000.

Uh -- Fri, delete that part. He wouldn't get it."

"Play it again, Edith."

"Are you sure, Peter? This would be the fifth time."

The tears fell in a steady stream onto his bed as he stared at the ceiling.

"I'm sure."