Movie Night

"Boss, Peter Parker is here." FRIDAY announced, snapping Tony out of his focused state. He grinned and stood from his workbench.

It had become somewhat of a tradition. Every Friday night Pete would come over and they'd have a movie night. It first started when Peter crashed on his couch after a rough night out Spider-Manning, and Tony put on Return of the Jedi to keep him entertained. Tony had mentioned he'd never watched the full Star Wars series, and Peter made it his goal to play every single one for him. After that, they fell into a certain rhythm, Peter picking out a movie every week and playing it with Tony. He always kept the movie a surprise until the night they watched it.

Peter came in through the elevator, holding a small disk case to his chest. Tony held back a laugh upon seeing it.

"You know, we can just buy the movie on demand."

Peter shrugged. "I like going old school."

"Of course you do."

He walked over to the large TV and placed the disk into the CD player.

Tony sat back on the couch and pulled up a blanket. "So, what we got this week?"

"You'll see."

"Oh come on."

Peter chuckled and curled up on the couch next to Tony. When the title flashed on the screen, Tony lit up. "The Iron Giant?"

"Yep." He said as he hit play. The two sat back and started to watch the movie in silence. About five minutes in, Peter spoke up.

"Ben and I used to watch this a lot." It was more of an off-handed comment, but it still threw Tony for a loop.

Peter didn't talk about Ben a lot. Sometimes he'd mention him during a story or a memory, but for the most part they strayed away from the topic. Tony wasn't sure if he should answer or just let the comment sit there. Thankfully Peter made the decision for him.

"He loved watching Sci Fi movies, he's the one that got me into them." There was a beat of silence. "I miss him."

Tony understood. There were always some small, mundane tasks that reminded him of his mom. Sometimes he would feel his chest warm with fondness, while other times it just dampened his mood. Tony guessed Peter was feeling the latter.

He put an arm around the kid's shoulders and leaned in closer to him. Peter hugged him back and clung to him like a baby koala. If it were anyone else he'd flinch and move away from the hug, but he knew the kid needed comfort. So he tangled his fingers in Peter's brown curls and let Peter lean into his side for the rest of the movie.