Little Help

A/N: This fic was requested by the lovely @katie_night!! I hope it turned out okay, thank you for reading!

———

Tony squinted his eyes open, processing the ringing of his phone through his bleariness. He was ready to just ignore it, but once he saw the name he decided to pick up.

"Pete?" he asked with a weary tone. "Why the hell are you awake?"

The line was silent for a few seconds before Peter's voice came through. "I-I need your help."

"It better be important if you're waking me up at three in the morning."

There was a beat of silence. "Sorry."

Tony instantly felt bad. He knows Peter wouldn't call him unless it was an emergency. He wouldn't call him asking for help if it wasn't an emergency. His voice was frantic and wavering like he was panicking.

"I'm just joking, Spider-Boy. What's wrong?"

"It's- uh- my leg. I was fighting this guy, and I didn't notice he had a knife until... yeah. I got away from him but there's a lot of blood, and, um, it hurts really bad."

Tony's heart dropped to his stomach. He was immediately on his feet, all the tiredness from before replaced by anxiousness.

"Can you walk?"

There was a grunt of pain from the other end before the kid's voice was back. "No."

"I'm on my way, hold on."

He ended the call and got suited up, trying to swallow down his worry. FRIDAY gave him Peter's coordinates and reported that his vitals were raised alarmingly. Tony only focused on getting the kid.

+++

Tony scanned over the area for the webslinger, hovering over the alleyway the coordinates lead him to. He noticed a small red and blue lump propped up against a wall and rushed down to meet it.

Peter was holding his right leg close to him, his chest rising and falling unevenly. A sickening crimson color surrounded the boy and covered his suit.

Tony didn't think twice as he scooped the kid up and carried him bridal style. Peter's face tinted red but he didn't put up a fight, opting instead to just rest his head on Tony's chest plate.

"Don't worry kiddie, I gotcha." Tony boosted up into the air and started to carry him back to the tower. He was actually glad it was so late, he could just imagine the headlines from the tabloids if anyone saw this.

Once they got to the tower, Tony propped Peter up on the couch and looked for the source of the blood on his suit. Peter took his mask off and Tony noticed multiple small cuts on his face. He put a pin in that and went back to find the stab wound. There was a large gash on the side of his thigh surrounded by blackened blood. And, yeah, it looked bad.

Tony hissed looking at the wound. "Ouch. Hold on, I'll get you something."

He left Peter alone and picked up gauze, clean clothes, and a box of Hello Kitty band-aids. Peter blanched after seeing the last one.

"Please tell me you just got that as a joke."

"Nope," he grinned, "you have some nasty cuts on your face, and lucky for you, I'm all out of regular band-aids."

Peter threw his head back and groaned. "You're the worst."

Tony ruffled his curly hair. His worry wasn't gone, but he was glad the kid (his kid?) was safe.

"Can you, uh, drive me home after this? May's gonna be super worried if she wakes up and I'm not there."

"Depends, are you gonna lay down and let your body get the rest it needs, or are you gonna pull a Peter Parker and go out as soon as no one's there to stop you?"

Peter rolled his eyes. "When did you become my doctor?"

"When you started getting stabbed in alleyways at three in the morning."

The kid shrugged. "Fair enough."

Tony wrapped the gauze around the wound and let Peter rest for a bit on the couch. He almost instantly fell asleep, and Tony let him. He could just call May in the morning.