Bot Building

A whirring sound grabbed Tony's attention from the other side of the table. He waved away the blue holographic images stationed in front of him and looked at what Peter was working on. He rested his head on his fist and laughed softly at a miniature BB-8 droid moving around the table in circles. He tapped the bot with his index finger on it's head and watched it power down.

"Havin' fun there?"

Peter looked up at him and blushed. "Sorry- I know we're working on suit upgrades, I just wanted to see if it would work."

"How long have you been working on that?"

"Uh... about... half an hour? Maybe?"

Tony raised his eyebrows. He leaned over the table and tapped on BB-8's head, just like Peter did, and watched it turn on and start moving in circles again.

"Wow, kid, that's impressive. Nice work."

Peter smiled proudly and cupped his little creation in his hands before it rolled off the table.

"Ned's going to love this." he whispered.

"Ned?"

"Yeah, you know Ned. He's my best friend, and you know, my guy in the chair."

"Guy in the chair?"

"Yeah, you know, how heroes have guys who sit in chairs and do all the technical stuff."

Tony chuckled. This little nerd.

"And he loves Star Wars. Maybe even more than me. You know that's how we met? It was the first day of first grade, and the summer before that was when my parents... you know. So I spent most of my recess time in the nurse's office, and one day Ned was in there too because he broke his arm and he saw me wearing a Star Wars t-shirt-"

Peter continued to ramble about his friend, but Tony didn't mind listening. He needed a break anyway.