Chapter Two

Don't depend too much on anyone in this world, even your shadow leaves you when you're in the darkness.

Bianca's POV

I lifted my head and looked up past the tree line, up to the cloudy sky. Sighing deeply in slight annoyance, I glance back down at the 'survivor' that laid limp in my arms. Gently letting her down to where she laid on the ground and stood up and backed away from her.

"Hey Jed. She needs to be check over." I stated to one of the medics that arrived in the ambulance behind us soon after. He nodded his head before jogging over. Once he starts checking the girl, I make my way over to Kade who has turned pale and look as if he was going to faint. "Kade." I said softly but firm at the same time, causing him to look up at me.

"Do you ever wonder if it could be a cover up?" I asked as a thought ran through my mind. Kade who seemed happy to finally be pulled away from the body, that he still hasn't identified yet, stood up and away from the body. "What do you mean?" He asked seriously. Being near such a bloody murder scene must make him nervous, because he isn't his usually smug big headed self.

"That the so called 'survivors' are actually the murderers this whole time!" I declared as I crossed my arms and took a quick glance over in the direction with the medic and the girl who was still passed out. "Think about it, what a better place to commit a murder where the whole town believes in the urban legend of Jason Voorhees?" I explained, but as soon as I said that name a cold breeze blew around the grounds, sending shivers up my spine.

Kade's once serious expression turned thoughtful before turning into a sneer. "Don't be ridiculous, of course I thought about that!" He snapped as he quickly looked away from me. 'Lier.' I thought to myself as I glared over at him. "Just one glance at the survivors and you know they don't have it in them to kill someone." He stated matter-of-factly.

"Trust me, a person can get provoked to the point where they can't stand it anymore and just snap. Only after the accident do they realize what has been done, and they go insane. That's why we have to send most of the survivors to be looked after." I said, everything seemed to fit together in my head.

"Do you know that because it's a personal experience?" Kade snickers with a grin as he looks down at me, knowing he had hit a bad spot. "Whatever, I'm going to have a look around while you still try to identify the bodies." I declared as I turned around to walk away. There is no point in trying to argue with someone who doesn't think outside the box.

Walking away from Kade, I head over to the lake and walk on the unsteady dock the swayed with every step. At the end of the dock was a small wooden boat with one paddle. Inside the boat that was slowly sinking as it filled with water was another body. The body was facing up and a bruises on the neck that was clearly formed in hands.

"Holy shit." I mumbled as I knelt down and almost lost my balance but was able to steady myself before I plummeted into the murky water. Leaning forward I tried and get a better look at the body. The marks on this persons neck indicate that it had to be a man by how big they were and also the strength needed to do it, for this neck looked also broken.

"Great, another dead body." Snaps a voice behind me, making me scream out and lose my balance. "AHHHH-" My scream was cut short as my face was shoved into a chest. "That's not exactly the way I wanted to make you scream, but it will be good enough for now." Kade chuckled at his own sick joke.

I rolled my eyes and pushed myself off his chest. "Sorry to disappoint but you will never make me scream any other way." I stated angrily as I walked off the dock as fast as I could. "I want you to go with the ambulance and start questioning the girl when she wakes up, I'll stay here." Kade suggested as his footsteps could be heard behind me. "Fine." I mumbled as I walked away from him.

I got in the ambulance and waited for the drive to the hospital to be over. 

-------------

I was pacing outside of her hospital room, waiting for her to wake up so I can hurry up and ask her questions before going back to the camp. "She's awake." The nurse alerts me as she walks out of the room. I sighed in relief, I was beginning to grew frustrated with how bored I was getting. Walking past the nurse, I enter the room and spot the girl sitting up in her bed.

"Excuse me ma'am, I am Officer Thornton. I just need to ask you a few questions, then I'll let you be." I stated calmly as I closed the door and walked over to the seat that was beside her bed.