Chapter Ten

"It's odd how something so dark can be so beautiful."

Ethan was driving as he sped down the road with the sirens blaring. I was eerily quiet in the passenger seat, just sitting and thinking. I was told to never return right after I was held at blade point. It was hard to obey when my job literally went against it.

"You're very quiet, what's wrong?" Ethan asked glancing over every couple of seconds. "I thought you would be jumping with joy at an opportunity like this." Ethan explained has he took a sharp turn down the road that leads to the camp.

"I am? I'm just nervous that's all." I said trying to sound convincing but it came out more as a question. Ethan sighed and shook his head. "We can talk about what is bothering you later." He stated, making me smile a bit. Ethan was just like a big brother to me, being protective and worrying over everything.

The tired skidded to a stop on the dirt road as Ethan slammed on the brakes. "Let's do this shit!" He declared out loud, trying to get in the mood. We both quickly got out of the car with our weapons held out in front of us. "I'll go right, you go left." He demand as he begin to take off.

"Wait! You wanna split up?" I yelled a little to loudly. "Of course, we need to find the girl who called and the killer as soon as we can before another life is taken!" He stated before running off. "Shoot at anything that moves!" He yelled out right before disappearing.

"Great!" I mumbled to myself as I to lightly jog in a direction that leads in the woods. I haven't seen anything, not even a dead body. I was kind of grateful that I haven't seen that man yet, I wouldn't know what to do if I did.

"You clearly didn't listen." That same deep muscular voice spoke behind me sending chills down my spine. I spun around and pointed my gun at his chest. "It's hard when I have a job to do." I blurted out, surprising myself. I didn't think I had it in me but there was something about the guy to where I didnt want to seem weak and vulnerable.

He didn't say anything but jerked forward, catching me off guard before I could do anything. He ripped the gun out of my hands and tossed it in a bush to the side. Not even a second after that he raised his machete, finally snapping out of my frozen state, I managed to dodge the blow.

"Bianca, No!" Ethans voice boomed across the forest, making me snap my head in his direction along with my attention. I didn't notice the man raising his machete up one last time. It happen to fast, I couldn't stop it. I screamed out in horror as my eyes widen. "Bianca." Ethan mumbled looking over at me with sad eyes.

Ethan stood in front of me with blood quickly soaking his shirt in a horizontal line from his chest to his waist. "Oh god Ethan!" I cried out as he fell to his knees. He tried to put his hands on his stomach to stop the bleeding but the deep cut seemed to get worse by the second. His breath came out short and forced, as his once tan skin was now paler then mine.

"Ethan! Please get up!" I declared letting tears fall down my cheeks as I grabbed his shoulder and let him put his weight on me. I knew it was to late, there was no way of saving him now. "I'm sorry." I mumbled as the life left his eyes and he stopped breathing. I laid him down and glared up at the man who for a minute I forgot was still standing over us.

He raised his machete again. I lied, I'm not ready to die. Seeing Ethan die in my arms changed my mind. I don't want to die a painfully slow death, I wanted to pass away in my sleep. So without thinking, I grab the taser from one of my many pockets and turned it on with a flick of the finger.

As the machete loomed over my head, a jabbed my arm forward and shoved the taser to the closer contact point, his groin. The man groaned out in pain as his body stiffens and shakes with pain. He falls backwards and lands on his back with a thud. To be safe, I quickly get up and stand over the man again, I put the taser to his neck and watch again as he shakes.

"You will pay for this!" I yell out in angry as I run as fast as I can to the police car. I had just lost my partner and I may end up losing my job because of it. What was I suppose to till my boss? That Jason Voorhees had done it? No one believes in it, they all joke around about it. I am screwed and it is all that mans fault.