Chapter Eighteen

"Every thought is a battle, every breath is a war, and I don't think I'm winning anymore."

I am a complete and utterly terrible person. The interview with the press went well, they took in every word. In only a couple hours this whole town will soon believe that the girl who survived the last killing is actually one of the killers. Yes I said one of them.

Henry thought it would be a good idea to make a team of two killing people. He knew the killings wouldn't stop so why not accuse another killer so they can continue their sick after dark activities.

The whole town seemed happy that it wasn't one of their own that was killing people. I was hugged by every person that I came across when I was sent to go get coffees for Kade and Henry, wasn't really my idea of being back on the job.

"Damn it!" Yells an angry voice, a box of old files flying out of my bosses office. Smashing against the wall, the lid pops off and every file falls out as the paper scatters across the floor. A real estate agent scurry's out of the office, not even giving me a second glance as he rans out of the police department.

I didn't even notice that Kade was standing across from me, witnessing the whole thing with the same confused look as I do. He glanced at me and nudged his head over to the door, signaling us to go in. I follow in after him and close the door behind me as I take a seat in front of Henrys desk.

"What was that about?" Kade asked, I was to afraid to say anything. I didn't want anything to be thrown at me. "People are leaving this town." Henry says as his drops his head in his hands and lets out a heavy sigh. 

"Everyday someone is selling their house and moving far away." Henry mumbles as he looks up. "By this rate, in less then a year, this town will no longer exist. It will be a ghost town." He finishes off as he grabs the coffees that I had laid on the table. Taking one he pops the lid off and chugs it completely. I flinch as I think about the burning liquid that's not only burning his tongue but the whole way down. I could never do that.

"So what are we going to do?" Kade asked he slowly reached for his cup. "We are going to kill Jason." Henry stated as he tossed his empty cup off to the side, even though there was a trash can under his desk. "What?!" Kade snaps before he starts laughing at this crazy plan. Henry narrowed his eyes at Kade.

Once Kade noticed that Henry was in fact not joking and was dead serious, he stopped laughing. "How do you suppose we do that." Kade asked in all seriousness. "We are going to blow up that shack of his." Henry declared. Shack? His house is no way in hell a shack.

"How are we going to blow it up with him wondering the grounds? And not only that but how in the hell are we suppose to find this so called shack?" Kade asked rubbing his temples as if he was stressed. Henrys smirks evilly as his eyes travel to me. My palms begun to sweat as I looked down at my lap. This wasn't going to be good.

"Miss Thornton here went out of her way to steal back the mask she found at the camp. A certain hockey mask that belongs to the one and only killer." Henry stated as he got up from his chair and walked around his desk and stood behind me. I grew nervous with the closeness between us. 

He placed his hands on my shoulders, causing me to tense up. I glanced over to Kade who was staring at me with disgust and confusion. "What did you do with the mask?" Henry asked me as his hands gripped on my shoulders tighter. "Why ask a question you already know the answer to!" I snapped, growing angry by the way he was acting and causing me to be nervous. 

I jerk away from Henry standing up and walking away from him. Kade stands up and glares at me. "You gave it back to him? Why the hell would you do that?!" He snaps walking towards me but Henry grabs his shoulders, holding him. 

"She is going to blow up his shack, with him in it." Henry declared. "How the hell am I suppose to do that?" I asked with my arms crossed. "That's for you to figure out." Henry laughed as he pushed Kade back down in his seat then he made his way towards his chair, causing me to be the only one standing up.

"Do you think she will actually go along with it?" Kade asked as he never took his eyes off me. I found his new hatred from me quite funny. "I make sure to do a very deep back ground check on every person I hire in." Henry stated with a sinister smile as I feel my heart drop in my stomach.

"She will do it whether she likes it or not." He declared as he leaned forward. "Isn't that right, Katherine Blake?"