Chapter Three

"I'm just sad because I really like you; more then I've liked anyone in a long time. Tonight I got slapped in the face with reality that I'll never be able to call you mine and that isn't even a big deal to you."

"Okay, how many were at the camp with you?" Was the first question I asked her. She had asked for a blank paper before I started to ask question and was now scribbling on it. She stopped for a second to think, before continuing on with what she was doing.

"There was five, including myself. Ben, Tracey, Sara, Kyle and then me." She whispered with a whimper at the end. Tears could be seen running down her cheeks. "When did the killings begin?" I asked as I wrote down all the named.

"Exactly at midnight, Sara was the first to go." The girl stated, though she didnt sound like she was that upset about her friend dying at the moment. "You said the man in the hockey mask was still out there? Who were you talking about?" I asked, even though I had a good idea who the so called man was.

"J-Jason Voorhees." She mumbled quietly, shaking as she looked up at me. "I shot him in the chest with a gun three times in the old shed west of the lake. I killed him!" She declared, getting hysterical as she scribbled harder over the paper. "That will be all the question for now, though we may need your help in identifying the dead." I stated as I got up from my seat, with my notebook in my hand.

"Wait!" The girl called out, grabbing my wrist in a tight grip. "This is the man!" She cried shoving the paper in my hand. I yank my hand out of grip and nod my head. "It's best if you get some rest ma'am." I said through gritted teeth as I walk out of her room. Once outside of her room, I lift the paper and glance at the drawing before me.

 Once outside of her room, I lift the paper and glance at the drawing before me

(This art does not belong to me, it belongs to the rightful owner.)

It was a sketch of a man in a hockey mask, 'I've should've known.' I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes but I continued to look at the picture. I couldn't tear my eyes away from the eyes in the sketch. I didn't know if it was just me, but this mans eyes looks so sad.

Folding the paper carefully, I slip it in my back pocket and walk out of the hospital, greeting those who had waved at me on my way out. I was lucky that the police department is literally right across the street. I lived in a really small town.

I decided to drive back to the camp myself, seeing how Kade wouldn't be picking me up. Walking over to the vehicle that I share with my partner Ethan, I start the car. Ethan was the last one to drive it, because he always leaves the keys in the car.

About another 10 minute drive, I pull up beside Kade's car and parked it. Getting out I look around, not seeing no sign of Kade anywhere. "Might as well try and find that shed." I thought out loud to myself as I headed in the direction of the lake and then headed west from there. I was starting to think that, that girl gave me false information. I've been walking for what feels like fifteen minutes and there was no sigh of a shed anywhere.

I was thankful that I was wearing long thick pants and boots that went up to mid calf, because there was nothing but thorns as far as the eye can see. "Oh fuck it." I mumbled as I stood in one spot and glared ahead of me. 'There is nothing out here.' I thought as I turned around to head back, but something caught my gaze to the far right. My jaw dropped as I stare at the shed that stood on a hill. 

"How did I miss that? Better yet, how did that girl make it all the way out here in one piece?" I asked myself as I started to walk towards the shed. As I stood in front of the shed, which looked like it was going to fall apart if I blew on it, I slowly pulled out my gun from its hustler and turned the safety off.

"Here we go." I whispered, growing nervous for some reason. Standing right in front of the door with my gun held out right in front of me, I kick the door as hard as I can. I pointed the gun at anything that moved, but didn't shoot. From my spot I looked as far as I can inside, not seeing much but dust being flown everywhere. I walk to the side slowly and look farther inside, still nothing.

Not taking the chance of being off guard, I keep my gun held high as I walked into the shed. Absolutely nothing, except for tools laying on the ground, a wood chipper, and a hockey mask soaking in a puddle of blood. "What the..." I mumbled as I bent down over the puddle of blood to get a better look of the mask.

"Huh." I hummed as I reached out and touched the mask with my finger tips.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

A/n - I just want to apologize now, if the little quotes I put up top are too sad and depression for anyone. I just got out of a 5 year relationship with this guy who I thought was the one. It was a abusive relationship and even though I am truly happy that I got out of it, I just can't help but read those quotes and see how true they really are. Anyways! Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a great day!