Chapter Twenty

"Sometimes, I feel like ripping apart my skin and searching for a reason for why I feel this empty. Maybe my veins are tangled or something is lodged in my ribcage. Because it feels like something inside of me is missing or broken."

If I wasn't in such a shitty situation right now, I might actually enjoy how my day is going. After my true identity was discovered yesterday and I was black mailed into blowing up someone's house, my boss Henry decided that he doesn't want one of his fellow employees sleeping on the street.

He actually managed to snag one of those beautiful lake houses right on the border of Camp Crystal Lake. Since the owners moved away, the house was up for sale. The only down side is, Henry only got it so I could be closer to Jason, so in hopes that I'll hurry up and blow his house to smithereens.

It was a small one story house, but it was enough for just me. I was standing in front of it, off to the left was the lake glistening in the sun, and to the right just through the woods, about maybe a 10 minute hike was the beginning of the camp.

This house is supposedly already furnished, which is great because I always wanted to live with other peoples used shit

This house is supposedly already furnished, which is great because I always wanted to live with other peoples used shit. I shouldn't complain though, I didn't even have anything. Henry sent me home early today, said I was useless and was only needed to blow up the house. What a pleasant little shit he was.

I already took a look around the house when I was first shown to it. I was very pleased to what it looked like. A decent size kitchen with marbled counter tops and shiny wooded cabinets. A dinner table that's fits four was in the far left side. The living room had black leather couches with end tables and a coffee table that matches. 

The full size bath was all white with a walk in shower, this was probably my favorite room. The bedroom had a king size bed, a big dresser, night tables, and small woodened desk. I of course am not using the sheets and blankets that came with the bed. I'll get new ones. 

Deciding on what to do for the rest of the day, I figured I'd start with making a cup of hot tea. Finding the right equipment to do the job, I now just have to wait for the water to get hot in the tea pot. Wasting my time till it was ready, I stared out the window that was facing the lake. It was truly quite a view, hopefully something that I can wake up to everyday for the rest of my life.

The high pitched whistle from the tea pot made me jump a bit, quickly turning to the stove I pick up the tea pot. Turning to the table, the sight before me makes me scream out in shock and I drop the pot, splashing boiling hot water all over my legs. 

"Ah son of a bitch!" I yelled out in pain as I jumped around, falling down on a dry spot of the floor I begin to rub my red legs. "What the fuck? You can't just show up in my house like that!" I snap and whimper at the same time, if that is even possible. 

I slowly lift myself up and walk over to the table, crossing my arms and glaring down at icy blue eyes that look up at me in amusement. "I thought you can't leave your camp?" I asked in confusion, forgetting about the angry and pain I was in.

"What people don't know or are to stupid to remember, this use to be part of the camp." Jason stated calmly from his spot at my table.  "Oh really? What was this area used for?" I asked, growing curious again. "It is not important." He mumbled in a bored tone.

"Okay then." I mumbled as I toke a seat across from Jason. I suddenly felt nervous and self conscious being around Jason knowing that I was planning on blowing his house and killing him in the process. "Uh Jason?" I said softly as I kept my eyes locked on my hands, I didn't dare look him in the eyes. 

"What?" He asked in a mono tone voice. "Things are getting pretty intense at work. In about a month things are going to take a worse turn." I declared, digging at my finger nails. "And that has to do with me, how?" He asked.

"Your killings are scaring the towns people, they are moving away. My boss thinks this town will soon be deserted." I explained, being brave enough to look up at him. "I think you should leave." I declared looking him in the eyes, waiting for his reaction.

I was expecting an out burst of anger, but his deep chuckle was not what I was expecting. He tossed his head back and let out his deep throaty laugh. The sound was music to my ears, something that should be heard more often.

"That's.... not going..... to.... happen." He said between laughs. My eyes widen and my mouth dropped. "But Jason! They are going to kill you!" I declare slamming my fist down.

"Why do you care?" He asked leaning forward and narrowing his eyes at me, all serious now.