9: Missing in Action

Lloyd should have left the prison hours earlier. He knew he had probably overstayed his time when the cell lights automatically went out and the shutters over the small window slammed shut. But nobody came to kick him out, which was lucky because a kiss had turned into something more. Harumi's clean white robe had become substantially dirtier as he had pushed her against the wall and he didn't even consider the embarrassment he might face should they be found; his tunic having been strewn on the floor, the belt and ties artfully unwrapped by Harumi's deft fingers.

When the cell went black they froze. The immediate need they had felt; the pushing, grappling and heady breathlessness stopped abruptly. The darkness introduced them to a new game and the world slowed to allow them to play.

A soft silence settled, allowing them to feel each other's presence. While only moments ago they had thrust at each other, they now experienced the precariousness of blindness. Feeling their way tentatively, Harumi leant back on the cold stone wall as Lloyd moved his hand up her body. She held her breath as it lingered before continuing up to sweep along her collarbone and caress her neck. He too, found he was holding his breath. Caressing her cheek, he released his breath at the light kiss he felt at the tips of his fingers and he leant forward to gently kiss her but felt his body spontaneously judder as Harumi trailed her fingers over his bare waist.

'You're ticklish?' Harumi whispered.

'...you just caught me unawares' he whispered back. Harumi slid her fingers back to the same area and Lloyd gasped and arced away from her.

'Not ticklish, hmmm? I don't think so...' and she moved her fingers into him with purpose.

Pulling her closer he tried to stop her, but whether she managed to reach his sensitive stomach or not, he was laughing anyway and so was she 'Stop, stop, Harumi, please...'

Harumi withdrew and leant back on the wall, pulling him forward with her. In the darkness he felt the soft drape of her robe fall loose and sliding his fingers beneath the fabric, felt Harumi's stomach flutter under his touch 'I am ticklish' she whispered and Lloyd knelt down to kiss her there. He felt her fingers through his hair and he released a long sigh in response. It really didn't matter if he closed his eyes or not, he couldn't see a thing, but Lloyd rested his head on Harumi's stomach and closed them anyway. They stayed like this for a while, his arms wrapped around her waist and his cheek feeling the gentle rise and fall of her breathing. The warmth was so comforting and her skin soft, he couldn't think of anything that felt like this...

...Then her body tensed 'Lloyd!' she pushed forward off of the wall and he stood in response. Opening his eyes from the trance he was suddenly aware that he could see her and was taken aback by her beautiful pale skin, revealed by the white robe fallen open 'Lloyd, something's wrong' He looked at her, questioning 'the shutters have been opened' she whispered.

He looked to the small window in the wall above them and at the square of light that cast down onto the floor of the cell. Harumi covered herself, tying her robe. Lloyd took her hand, just as they heard a click. In the low light they could just see the door of the cell ajar 'I was already glad I stayed, but now...' They both stepped forward, listening and staring into the half-light 'Has anything like this happened before?' Lloyd asked.

'No' Harumi whispered. He could see her just by his side, raising her arms, her hands slowly and surely forming strong fists. She sank back sure in her stance, it reminded him that as repentant as she now was and as soft and comforting as her body had been, she could fight. She would never lose that. A continual fight defined their lives and survival; it was something they shared and his heart leapt for her all over again.

The door swung open and a knife flew at them. Splitting apart, Lloyd and Harumi dodged sideways. The knife clanged on the wall behind them and Harumi threw herself back to grab it. She turned to witness a black shape leap at Lloyd and his head snap around as the intruder made contact, flying past him. Lloyd spun down to the ground and up again in one fluid movement ready to receive his attacker. Harumi held the knife up by its blade ready to throw; if she could only see, then the knife could do its job. Though there was a small amount of light, it didn't help, the sly shadow slid fast enough to confound her eyes and only Lloyds smooth skin was visible in the darkness.

Harumi felt a rush of air and a sharp pain across her cheek as the attacker flew past her and she spun away, too late to avoid them. Staring into the void of the black cell she brushed away a tickle on her cheek, feeling the smear of viscous liquid and knew she had been cut. It was lucky she had moved or it would have been her throat.

Lloyd turned towards the movement and the shadow took his feet from under him. He twisted his body and landing on his hands, kicked his legs around in the direction of the attack managing to clip attacker and the shadow fell. He leapt towards them grabbing to ensnare them. He caught an ankle and grappled for the other, which was kicking with fury at his body and hand.

Harumi watched Lloyd contort as he tried to restrain the intruder and made minute adjustments to her aim, but there was no way she could throw the knife, they were too close together, she could easily hit Lloyd by mistake.

The ninja was small and fast but Lloyd had them. He thrust his hand up to their throat and straddled their legs, hooking his feet over their ankles to pin them down. His anger was such that he could have snapped their neck at that moment.

The shadow choked and scratched at his tightening fingers and the darkness goaded him on.

Harumi screamed his name, which filtered through the black noise of his boiling anger and he remembered who he was. He released his grip a fraction and from nowhere something hit him like a blow between the eyes and he fell back, a disorienting sensation shot through his head. His fingers, once intent on ripping this ninja's head off, slipped loose and the shadow gasped for air as it slipped free. Lloyd rocked back, his mind throbbing with intense pain. A feeling of nausea overcame him and he collapsed to the floor, unconscious.

Salt: A Ninjago storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें