58: Friends

Kai tapped Hitch on the shoulder. She had just taken a huge bite of her breakfast; literally piled up bacon, egg and tomato onto a thick chunk of toast and squeezed the whole lot in. It was delicious... But not a good look and slightly embarrassing, especially when you turn to see your ultimate crush standing behind you with a half smile and a questioning look! Hitch held her hands up to her mouth and managed to mumble 'Hi Kai'

'Hi Rosie! Hungry?'

Hitch nodded emphatically.

Kai squeezed onto the bench next to her, jostling her neighbour who almost shoved Kai right back, until they realised who it was and then jostled their own neighbour to give him room 'it's your first training today!' Kai said.

Hitch nodded, trying to finish her mouthful and made affirmative sounds to answer 'mm hmm, mm hmm'

'How are you feeling?'

Hitch finally managed to swallow the food and shrugged a little 'well, y'know... Training is training. I've been doing it my whole life, so...'

'Yeah but Master Wu is going to be overseeing'

'He is?' she said, slightly surprised.

'...h he is?' Hitch's jostled neighbour hesitantly butted in.

'Yeah, he is!' Kai leant away from the shadow who was desperately eavesdropping and lowered his voice 'don't tell anyone... but I think he's coming out of retirement!'

'Really?' Hitch stared at Kai's excited face 'well now I'm nervous' she said.

'It's so awesome, it'll be just like... well, similar, to when I first trained'

'What was that like?' Hitch asked, hopeful for some tips.

'Awful!' Kai said, with much amusement and stood up to leave.

'What?' Hitch stood up, slightly panicked and stepped over the bench to follow him.

'Don't tell me that you rat!'

'Ha ha! I thought you were fine? Been training your whole life?'

'I have, but... Master Wu! Legend! Son of the First Spinjitsu Master... I mean, no pressure!'

'Yeah, I know... he expects a lot!'

'Not helping, Kai!'

'Really?' he replied 'Not at all?'

'Ugh, you're so annoying; you're doing this on purpose. I'm going to rock training so hard, you'll see!'

Kai was laughing; he loved riling Hitch and put his arm around her shoulders to playfully squeeze her 'Ah you'll be fine, I'm just messing with you' and Hitch batted him away 'C'mon' Kai said 'I'll walk you to the Training courtyard'

'It's a bit early yet'

'Yeah, but I want to reminisce' and he walked on ahead and went out of the dining hall into the crisp morning air and called back to her 'c'mon, it'll be fun. I want to show you it' Hitch huffed and ran after him.

They climbed the track, away from the lower sub buildings to the Monastery that sat precariously at the summit. The great red doors were open and Hitch slowed to appreciate the famous building as she entered.

'C'mon!' Kai called after her again. He was well past the Gates and stood in the middle of the central courtyard where the Monks were setting up the training equipment 'This was my original training space' Kai said 'and will host the shadows in their new training' He threw his hands up in the air in excitement 'waddaya think?' he asked'