49: Heart Attack

'I've got her!' Nat held up her hand, stopping abruptly. The team skidded to a halt and having been practically on her heals, Kai collided with her 'watch it flameboy' she shoved him off.

'Masters, give it a rest, would you?' Kai spat shoving her back 'that's my sister, tell me what's going on!'

Jay stepped in front of Kai, breaking the aggressive connection between them and looked hopefully at Nat.

Nat softened to the sudden change in sentiment before her 'she's ok. But she is held... or held up... by Gene. She's viewing them through still water...'

Jay's confused face tried to decipher Nat's thoughts.

'...and she is at the heart. Its beating, that's not a good sign'

'What does that mean?' Cole asked 'it's not an actual heart right?'

'Raaargh! Sod this for a game of chess' Kai exploded, a fireball rolling up his body as if consuming him and flaming wings unfurled around his body. It was all they could do to fall back as his dragon formed impressively under him, searing his friends with its heat.

'FSM KAI!' Cole shouted, give us a bit of warning would you?

'Where is it? The heart' Kai demanded 'I'll bloody well burn them out' he held his hand down to Hitch and asked 'you know the way?' she nodded and Kai pulled her up to him forcefully, holding her close as he propelled his dragon into the air.

The team watched.

'What is wrong with that guy?' Nat grumbled.

Cole shrugged 'its just his way... How far is the Heart?'

'It's just... over there' Nat pointed to Kai's fiery beast having stopped to hover just seconds later, a few blocks away

'Well then... want a lift?' Cole asked as rocky shards formed in the air, lifting him from the floor. Nat shrugged trying her best to look unimpressed, but as Jay and Lloyd's dragons followed, pulsing and sparking she could not deny the spectacle. She looked up to Cole and allowed him to see a small smile of appreciation. He pushed Rocky to kneel in front of her and she leapt up the dragons leg to settle on its back 'you best not sit there, its very sharp and you'll just get bucked off. You'll have to sit behind me... sorry' He gave an apologetic smile as Nat moved to sit in the natural depression at the nape of the dragons neck behind Cole 'there you go, just enough room for two' Cole nervously joked. Nat uncomfortably positioned her hands on Coles shoulders as the great rock like dragon threw itself into the sky. Taken by surprise she quickly forgot her embarrassment and moved her arms to swiftly wrap around his chest. Pressing her face into his back she closed her eyes to the dizzying acceleration and held on tight.

--

After being made a fool of once, she had found it hard to believe she could be so easily manipulated again. Nya's mind raced, replaying the past; hearing Gene's superficial words, remembering her seemingly caring nature and reliving the inescapable closeness of her touch. Something she had never had from a mother, sister or friend. No wonder she had been duped. Gene had played on her needs and desires. She gave her what she needed, something she could not get from Jay, her brother or the rest of the team - a female bond.

But these new powers, unrealized back then held her now incapacitated, and to what fate? Gene approached Nya from behind her wall of glistening water followed closely by Hutchins. So easily swayed Nya thought as she looked at Gene, we're not so different after all!

Gene raised her hand and parted the watery curtain to step through and guided Hutchins to stand before Nya 'is she not precious?' Gene asked him, gazing adoringly at her catch.

'Indeed she is' he replied.

'She made a good companion' Gene mulled 'It's ever so upsetting, that she now hates me so' Gene looked away from Nya to pout at Hutchins in a parody of true anguish.

'Would you have me punish her?' he asked nonchalantly.

'Would you? Would you punish her how I always dreamed you would punish me?' She moved forwards and pressed her small frame up against him, her hands trailed down the layered folds of his fine robes, wet from Nya's deluge. Her fingers grasped at his belt, tied into an extravagant knot, she began to release it and he let her. The robe fell open exposing his twisted skin, melted and fused, the muscles taught beneath she spread her fingers over them and held her body to him 'But punish me first'

Her Master pushed forward, grabbing her clothing, ripping it from her to press his hands around her small breasts. She stumbled back onto the glowing heart and he raised her up. She wrapped her legs around him as he devoured her neck and she worked her small hands under his sash.

Where it had been held still and crisp, the wall of water slid slowly down. Nya twitched, her body freeing by increments as The Quiet One lost her mind to her desire made real. The amorphous heart-beat under them, pulsing faster, mirroring their uncontrollable hunger while Nya watched as she slowly lowered to the floor, feeling her will return to her body. The water quietly released down completely while the frenzied coupling excited the hearts fire. It glowed with an angry passion, emitting its energy in rhythmic pulses that rolled through the cavern, hitting Nya, resounding through her.

Nya bent double the feeling making her feel sick to her core. Holding her stomach tight as if overcome by nausea, she cast her eyes around the cavern and the unearthly light the heart emitted. Shimmering like a thousand stars each pulsing to supernova and one by one a black hole opened erratically after its final climatic throws. The black dots seared her eyes as they peppered the blinding light what is happening? Nya clung to the ground, the stars swirling around the space, a dizzying constellation drawing her into it.

The pulses increased and when she could take no more a sudden tremor interrupted the rhythm, disrupting the incessant pounding again and again and the whole cavern lurched. The stars jolted and through the shimmer the Quiet Ones head arched back in ecstasy releasing a silent gasp as the ceiling collapsed.

Flames fell through the roof of the cave, tumbling around the falling rock and consuming the stars. The black holes blinked shut, as the fiery beast filled the space, its yawning jaws breathing gaseous fumes ready to ignite. Kai flew from his dragons back and down to Nya. The dragon dispersed, the final flames rolling from its wings. Kai and Hitch leant over Nya, her eyes glazed and distant 'Nya, Nya' Kai held onto her, raising her up to hold her. Jay ran onto them and embraced them both.

Nya's eyes came back to focus 'my favourite boys' she whispered.

'NYA' Kai shouted and held her tighter. Nya's face contorted, the sick feeling still with her.

Hitch pulled at Kai to release her 'get back, give her air, she doesn't look good' he placed her gingerly to the floor, where she rolled and held her stomach.

'Bluergh, I don't feel well...' she grumbled.

Jay stroked her hair and held his forehead to hers 'wuv oo' he said.

The heat of nausea flushed through her cheeks but she smiled and managed a small laugh 'wuv oo too' she replied. Trying to sit up, Jay supported her and she looked around the cavern, the light of reality having entered the space. From the gaping hole in the ceiling she saw Cole and Lloyds' dragons peering over the edge and she looked back to the centre where the heart sat twisted and unimpressive in its ugliness, the light that shone from its core gone, as were its eager worshipers.