28: Push and Pull (Adult Content - Rewritten)

Lloyd ran his finger over the contour of Harumi's shoulder. Beyond her sleeping figure he looked out of the window and watched the lightning flash its continuous alert, letting him know the Dark Isle was waiting. It could wait some more as far as he was concerned. He felt its pull but averted his eyes back to the soft pale skin next to him. He moved her hair gently and let his lips brush along her shoulder to place a slow kiss on her neck. The pull he felt to Harumi was just as intense as the call from the Dark Island and right now she was winning out.

Harumi stirred and rolled towards him, pulling the sheet up over her shoulder 'it's cold' she murmured and pushed closer to him. A constant draft blew through the old house; through the rattling windows and gaps in the floorboards the long bunk-room creaked as if it were an old ship adrift in a squally sea. Lloyd put his arms around her and Harumi nuzzled sleepily into his neck. His whole body was prickling. Being so close to her was like an indulgent torment that woke parts of his character he never realised existed and the foreboding lure of the darkness close by exacerbated it. He placed his fingers gently on her shoulder, pushed the sheet back down and watched the subtle flush of goose-bumps rise on her skin. Harumi opened her eyes and gave Lloyd a sly look. He gave her a wry smile back and pushed the sheet further down, letting his hand drift over her body. He began to glow. The light pulsed outward and Harumi felt its warmth radiate across her. She pushed the sheet off them completely and pulled Lloyd on top of her. She folded her arms under him to revel in his warmth 'who needs a sheet to keep warm when I have you' she whispered their lips brushing. Sinking into his kiss, Harumi released her arms and legs from under him to wrap them around his naked body.

Lloyd pressed down and Harumi revelled in the pressure. She trailed her feet over his legs pushing him to her, moulding their bodies into one form. Gasping in unison they could not hold their intense kiss and they released their lips to breath the same air. Wave's of warmth rolled from Lloyd as his breath became heavy for more but he managed to raise himself up to calmly look at Harumi, who arched her back, her body needing his to return to her.

Blanket flashes of white bleached his warm green glow; the storm had reached them and flashed its fury, demanding their attention; but they could not be distracted. Hungry for her, Lloyd kissed her again. Harumi wound her fingers through his hair and it shone golden in the lightning's flashes. Brushing her mouth next to his ear she whispered 'Lets stay, lets not go to the Dark Island' The lightning flashed as if in response and Lloyds outline jumped and blurred as the lightning fought with his green aura. Harumi shut her eyes tight to the eerie light show and felt Lloyd raise her hands above her head. Nestling her lips into his hair she kissed him, but it felt different and on opening her eyes she found white hair, coarse and long that fell around her and as the lightning flashed again Lloyds' body became a smouldering silhouette. His glowing green eyes turned to red in his transformed face and as Lloyds gentle hands held hers, two more, rough and heavy, stroked her body. From the darkness a devils tongue licked out at her. Screaming, she punched and kicked out in fear of the leering face of evil that had broken their spell.

'Rumi! Rumi, stop! What's wrong, what's happening?' Lloyd implored. He tried to hold her hands but she twisted away in terror, so he let her go for fear he would hurt her. She scrabbled up and ran to the window. Breathing hard from shock she looked back to see that the creature from their past had gone, leaving Lloyd looking towards her in confusion and worry 'Rumi' he quietly said her name. She could only stare and blink unable to fathom what had happened and turned to look out of the window. The storm that had revealed the vision was gone, the lightning had returned to the far gloomy distance, retreating to sulk above its lonely island home where, as if controlled by a switch it continued to strike on and off, to relay its haunting message.

Harumi turned back to Lloyd '...It's calling me too' she said.