Chapter Fifteen

Chapter 15

"What?! You told Sungjae about you and Eunkwang?" commented Wendy, surprised by what Sooyoung shared to her.

Sooyoung just took a sip of her iced americano, glancing outside. Wendy and her are inside the cafe in SM Entertainment's building. Luckily, they were the only customer inside and nobody could hear what they were talking about.

Wendy sliced her cupcake looking at it intently. "What if Sungjae tells them." She said.

"He won't." Sooyoung confidently said.

Although she wasn't sure if Sungjae will tell the others or not, she was trying to trust him. They didn't talk about it after they went to the amusement park. They were silent in the car on the way home.

"You know you hate talking about it. Even to me. But you opened up about it to a guy who randomly dragged you all the way to the amusement park just to confirm something he had observed?! Sooyoung, I know you know that dragging you along few weeks ago to BTOB's open show at Hongdae wasn't my intention. I just wanted to stan them. It was also an accident that Sungjae hit you with the mic stand and Eunkwang saw you. But, you telling one of his members about your past relationship won't be of any help. You might not know what will happen." explained Wendy.

Sooyoung just released a sigh after listening to Wendy.

"You know," Wendy continued, "You have to forget it. Focus now on my Uncle's offer. You might meet someone who is better than him." she finished.

"But it's not like I want to meet a new guy. Eunkwang wasn't that bad of a boyfriend though." Sooyoung talked back.

"He wasn't that bad, yes. But, Sooyoung, he didn't give you that much time." Wendy insisted.

"Let's just stop talking about this Wendy. It won't help me too." Sooyoung sighed, taking another sip from her iced americano.

"Fine." Wendy finally gave up, eating a spoonful of her cupcake.

They were both silent for a while, checking their own phones this time.

"So, how was your experience in an amusement park with him?" Wendy asked, changing the topic and still looking at her phone.

Sooyoung adverted her gaze outside, thinking of the things that happened that day. A smile slowly appeared on her face.

Wendy looked at her bestfriend now, confused with the expression on her face, she asked, "And why are you smiling like that? Huh? Did something happen between the two of you?"

Sooyoung quickly gazed at her bestfriend, feeling her cheeks heat up.

"What? No, nothing." she denied.

It's not like something really happened, right? She confirmed herself, in her thoughts. Sooyoung suddenly thought of their skinship. Well, it was Sungjae who held first her hand. And that didn't matter anyway. Maybe.

"Really? Nothing?" Wendy asked for the second time, giving Sooyoung a teasing look.

"Let's just go to the training room. I bet they are already there." She suggested, standing up from her seat.

Sooyoung and Wendy were grouped with other three members of a new girl group that they called 'Red Velvet'. The other members were Irene, Seulgi and Yeri.

***

"Sooyoung, you've got a very nice and soft voice." complimented Yeri, the youngest in the group, while wiping her sweat with towel.

"I agree. You're so pretty too!" inserted Seulgi, appearing behind Yeri.

"I'm just the same as you girls." said Sooyoung, giving the two a sweet smile.

"Where are you heading after this?" Irene asked, putting her things inside her bag.

"Hmm. No plans yet for me. How about you Sooyoung?" Wendy asked her bestfriend.

"I just want to go home and rest. This kind of career is no joke at all." she replied after drinking water.

"You're right. But we also have to bond with each other to become closer, right?" Seulgi suggested.

"You're right. But we can't force Sooyoung if she's tired, right?" Yeri said, almost copying Seulgi's statement.

"It's fine girls. You can go ahead without me. I really want to rest first." Sooyoung insisted, now closing her bag after putting her tumbler inside.

"Are you sure?" Wendy asked, showing concern on her face.

Sooyoung just nodded, "I'll go ahead girls. You enjoy, okay? I'll be with you next time, I promise." she bid adieu and went out of the training room leaving the rest of the members.

Sooyoung went out of the building with a black van waiting outside. Part of being in a girl group is having a free transportation which can send them home or anywhere. She got in the van and settled down. And the driver drove off. She was about to sleep when her phone suddenly rang. She reached it inside her pocket of her pants only to see an unknown caller ID.

Who could this be calling? She asked herself.

Without any more hesitation, Sooyoung answered the call on the fourth ring.

"Hello?" she asked, putting on an unsure voice.

"Sooyoung~"

Sooyoung's heartbeat suddenly became faster the moment she heard the very familiar voice on the other line.

————————————————————

Sorry guys for the late update! Got busy at work.

This chapter is actually unsure of me but here it is anyway. 😅
I hope everyone enjoyed reading this fanfic.

So, who could be the one calling Sooyoung?

Comment down your guesses guys!! I would like to know who do you anticipate! 😉

Much love,
Nari.