Chapter Eighteen

"Music cue!" Sungjae and Ilhoon said in unison, introducing the next group that will have a comeback. They were the MCs for today's Music Bank.

This week, a lot of groups had their comeback. There were also groups that had their debut, including Red Velvet, the group where Sooyoung and her bestfriend are members of.

The performers settled down on the stage and the music began.

Sungjae and Ilhoon waited beside the stage, watching the group who were performing.

"Next group will be a debut. Okay?" the floor manager told Sungjae and Ilhoon.

"What group is it?" Ilhoon asked, getting some retouch of his make-up.

"That will be..uhm..hmm.." the floor manager flipped the papers to find the name of the next group. "Red Velvet." she continued.

Sungjae and Ilhoon just nodded their heads as a sign that they understood.

After 10 minutes, they were ready for the next introduction.

"I heard the next group is having a debut today Sungjae." said Ilhoon, looking at the camera then at Sungjae.

"Yes yes. And i heard the members are all girls, lovely girls." Sungjae added, emphasizing the word 'lovely'.

"So we have another lovable girl group born. Are you guys ready to see and hear them perform?" Ilhoon asked the audience.

The audience shouted 'Yes' in unison.

"Then, what are we waiting for? With their debut single 'Happiness', let's welcome Red Velvet! Music cue!" Sungjae introduced. Ilhoon and him pointed their fingers to the stage and the camera followed.

And the music started. Ilhoon watched as the group showed how talented they were. Sungjae on the other hand, was having a retouch of his make-up.

"Sungjae, look at them! They are so pretty!!" Ilhoon commented, watching Red Velvet on stage.

As soon as Sungjae glanced at the group performing on stage, his jaw nearly dropped on the floor and his eyes grew bigger than the usual. He couldn't believe it. He did a double take on one of the members to check if it's really the girl he has been missing. And, yes. It was her.

"Sooyoung." he said in a whisper, looking so surprised.

"What?" Ilhoon asked, confused with what Sungjae said.

"Soo-..oh. Nothing." Sungjae realized Ilhoon didn't know her so he just shut himself up.

"You just said something. Do you, by chance, know someone up there?" Ilhoon asked, teasing Sungjae a bit.

"No, I don't. I was just..just watching." Sungjae explained at Ilhoon. They are still watching Red Velvet perform on stage.

Sungjae was gazing at Sooyoung, smiling at her intently, when she suddenly looked at their direction. Her eyes widened in surprise. He caught Sooyoung's suprised expression and waved at her. Sooyoung was even more surprised that she almost forgot it was her turn to sing and dance. Wendy tapped her bum lightly and it made her change her gaze from Sungjae to the audience.

Sungjae chuckled a bit at how Sooyoung reacted at seeing him. He can guess she was very surprised too. 

Probably that's why I met her one time at SM Entertainment. He presumed.

And a sweet smile suddenly emerged on his lips. 

That means I'm going to see her more often now.