Chapter Twenty

Should  I call her now? What if she's busy? Should I text her first? What if she can't read it?

Sungjae thought in his mind. He held his phone tight debating on whether to call Sooyoung or to just send a message first. The rest of the BTOB members are in the living room of his condo unit, gathered for a mini reunion since it has been awhile when they stayed together in one roof.

"Hey Sungjae! Why are you taking so long there? Is the beer that heavy for you to bring huh?" shouted Changsub.

Sungjae sighed and put his phone in his pocket and opened the fridge afterwards. He pulled out 5 cans of beer all in all. He gestured himself towards the living room from the kitchen.

"There you go! Glad to see you here Sungjae!" greeted Hyunsik who was already drunk.

"Bet he's already drunk." Minhyuk commented, snatching a can of beer from Sungjae's hand.

Sungjae just ignored his fellow members. He was too pre-occupied from thinking about how to contact Sooyoung.

"Is it the girl you talked to in Music Bank?" Ilhoon asked, tapping Sungjae.

"What? Girl? Is Sungjae dating someone now huh?" Eunkwang commented, sounding surprised.

"Is our youngest finally in love with someone now? Wow!" blurted Peniel before drinking the beer.

"What?? What are you guys talking about? Ilhoon!" Sungjae shouted at Ilhoon.

"Why? Was it supposed to be a secret?" he asked, stuffing some chips in his mouth.

Sungjae looked at Ilhoon then to Eunkwang. 

Secret? Why would I hide it if I date her.  It won't matter to Eunkwang, maybe.

"Awwe! Seems like our baby brother is dating someone! Yeeee!" teased Eunkwang, giving Sungjae a smirk.

"I-I'm...well, we..we aren't dating yet. I'm still going to ask her." Sungjae confirmed, lowering down his gaze from her bandmates.

"Fighting Sungjae! You have the charm so I'm sure whoever that girl is, she's gonna say 'Yes' to you!" inserted Hyunsik, now very drunk.

"Guys, I think let's call it a night. Hyunsik is already drunk. See?" as Changsub said those words, all 6 of them looked at Hyunsik, who was already on the floor near the door, hugging his own shoes.

"Well, that's quite a sight. Peniel, can you send Hyunsik home? Your houses are nearer than any of us here." instructed Minhyuk, cleaning the mess of foods on the table.

Peniel nodded and went directly to Hyunsik. "We'll go first. See you!" Peniel bid adieu to everyone, giving Hyunsik a piggyback ride.

"Minhyuk, let me finish cleaning the mess here since my house is also near Sungjae's. You, Ilhoon and Changsub can go home." Eunkwang, being the leader, demanded his members to go first.

"Okay. I don't want to clean Sungjae's place so I want to go home now." Ilhoon said, sticking out his tongue at Sungjae.

Sungjae ignored Ilhoon and just started cleaning with Eunkwang.

The rest of the boys left, leaving Sungjae and Eunkwang alone, still cleaning.

"She'll say 'Yes', don't worry." Eunkwang patted Sungjae's back.

Sungjae stared at Eunkwang for a moment. 

"Actually, I.." Sungjae started, "I...I want to call her now so can you please go now?" he finished, showing his shy smile to Eunkwang.

Eunkwang laughed. "You could have just told me to leave Sungjae if you wanted to call her. I could have  given you privacy earlier." he winked at him. 

Sungjae's cheeks got red and that made Eunkwang laugh more.

"Okay okay. I'll go now. Anyway, we are done cleaning so it's really time for me to go. See you, Sungjae." and he got out.

I can't tell Eunkwang yet that I'm interested at her ex-girlfriend for three years. Sungjae sighed.