Eight

A/N: I recommend listening to this while reading the chapter.

Like any other day, you got into deep thoughts. Except... today wasn't like any other day. You were at the hospital with Jungkook. His chest rises up and comes back down slowly. If you weren't in this kind of situation, you'd just stare at him creepily endlessly.

But you were in this situation, which meant Jungkook wasn't okay. And the thought of those bullies at school making it even harder for him didn't make you feel any better. It was like he wasn't able to get a break and watching rest now made your heart a little warmer.

Who was that anyways? Who had the audacity to hit such a warm-hearted person? He was probably suffering all this time and you had absolutely no clue. How long has this been going on for?

Your thoughts were cut off when someone barged into the room. It was a middle-aged lady, with dark brown hair and eyes that resembled Jungkook's.

As soon as she came in she rushed to Jungkook's side not noticing you at all. Not that you mind of course, that's probably his mother.

"Oh my god, oh my god, Jungkook!" She exclaimed which awoke Jungkook.

Jungkook hummed confused as he awakened.

His mother hugged him and he winced in pain.

"Oh God, i'm so sorry!" His mother pulled back almost instantly.

You cleared your throat which got their attention, "I'll give you some time alone." You bowed and left the room. You sat in one of the chairs outside.

"Y/N!" You snapped your head towards the hallway where you saw Jimin running towards you. "What happened?" He asked out of breath.

"I don't really know to be honest." You shrugged. "All I know is that a guy beat him up and I coincidentally messaged him at the time so I was the only one he could call before he was beaten."

Jimin sighed, "You shouldn't get involved in these type of things, Y/N."

"What was I supposed to do? Ignore him? He probably wouldn't have survived."

"I know, i'm just saying that you shouldn't get involved any further in the situation." He said and you looked up at him. "As in, we should go."

"What? Why?"

"Because I told Mom about this and she wants you home, now." He said.

"I'll just deal with her later."

He scoffed, "Do you not care about her? She's worried sick because of you! How can you be so stupid to just go like that alone when you know it's dangerous! Something could've happened to you, you idiot!"

You sighed, "Look, I know you're upset. Just calm down, I want to say goodbye first. He's talking to his mom right now."

Jimin didn't even respond and gave you his back, crossing his arms like a five year old. He always did this when he disagreed with you. Only you. Not to anyone else, when he got upset with others he simply ignored them and came to you. Because you were his escape of this cruel society.

And you could tell that this time it was serious. Because he thought he almost lost you. And he knew he couldn't live like that. Jimin was fragile but he was always there when you most needed him.

The thought of losing you was unbearable to him. This just making you feel guilty. How could you risk your life like that, not only risking yours but Jimin's as well.

"Jimin." You called him.

No response.

"Ji-"You were cut off by the door of the room opening revealing Jungkook's mother. She smiled warmly at you.

"Can I just say goodbye? My family needs me at home and I can't stay any longer." You said respectfully.

"Of course, dear. Go ahead, I'll stay here with him. Can I have your number if anything goes wrong? I'm sure you'd like to know." She smiled.

You felt such relief that his mother wasn't bitchy because that would've been unfortunate.

"Sure, may I?" You asked motioning to her phone. She nodded and handed you her phone. You quickly inserted your number in and went inside Jungkook's room.

He was staring at the ceiling and when the door opened he looked at you. His gaze didn't last long as he quickly looked down.

You took a seat next to the bed.

"Are you feeling better?" You asked and he only nodded.

"Are you sure?" He nodded again.

Why isn't he talking?

Your phone vibrated in your pocket and you took it out to check what it was.

Unknown:
This is Jungkook's mother. He didn't talk to me when I was in there. I asked the doctor about it, he said it might be selective mutism. He's choosing not to speak for a while, try not to pressure him.

You didn't know how to feel. Youwanted to cry, that's for sure. This is how bad it was. It was so bad that he chose to mute himself. Tears welled up in your eyes and fell down your cheeks. You quickly wiped them off and sniffed.

"I hope you're feeling better now. I'm so sorry I wasn't there sooner. I have to go now." You stood up not sparing him a glance and ready to leave.

But he grabbed your wrist.

You stared into his eyes. It was as if he was pleading you not to leave and you didn't know why.

"Don't worry," You moved some hair out of his face. "my mom just needs me at home right now, I'll be back tomorrow. I promise." You held out your pinky and he took it with his.

This made you smile but it didn't reach your eyes. You planted a kiss on his forehead and left.

You now could see his face as he wasn't wearing his mask anymore, needless to say, he was handsome. Heck, he was beautiful.

But he wasn't happy.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━