Nine

Today you had to go back to the hospital as you promised Jungkook. You were... nervous?

You anxiously thought about what you would do since he wouldn't be talking. You didn't want to pressure him to talk—but how would you communicate with him then?

Would you remember to only ask yes or no questions?

────── 〔✿〕──────

School ended and you sat in your car at the hospital's parking lot. You sighed and turned off your car.

You sat there not knowing what to do. What would you say?

You reluctantly got off your car, locking it and walking inside the hospital. You got to the reception, got the visitor card, and clipped it to your shirt. You went to the elevator and clicked the button for the corresponding floor.

You anxiously chewed on your lip walking to his room's door. You stopped there, frozen not sure why.

Then his mom came out of the room and let out a relieved sigh when she saw you. "He's been on a mood all day, i'm guessing it is because you didn't come in the morning. Go ahead and go in." She sweetly smiled at you and gave you a little push towards the door.

Jungkook POV

She didn't come.

She doesn't care about me.

Nobody does.

What did I expect? For her to care for me?

So stupid.

I curled up into a ball and let the tears fall.

"Jungkook, are you okay?! Are you hurting?! Where does it hurt?! Do I call the doctor?!"

I looked up and saw Y/N. She's here! She came! She was about to run to the door but I grabbed her wrist and shook my head no. I guess she understands what I meant since she stopped.

I don't know why, but for some reason I need her near me. She gives me strength. But I also can't help to feel weak. I want to be her man, not just some messed up weak kid she just pitied.

Third POV

a/n aug.17, 2021 : YALL MFS ARE RUTHLESS 🙄🙄🙄🙄 (imjk for the ppl who will think im not) ik ik the pov is wrong i realized after, but is it really a cringey ff if it's not badly written?? 😼 anyways kind reminder that english isn't my first language which is also why this is badly written. plus i was 14. plus i was a baby army. so yea 💪😩 (ily)

You nodded and went inside the room. Jungkook was curled into a ball and you could hear he was sniffing. Was he crying?

You ran to his side. "Jungkook, are you okay?! Are you hurting?! Where does it hurt?! Do I call the doctor?!" You were about to sprint towards the door but he grabbed your wrist stopping you. He shook his head and wiped his tears off.

"Why were you crying?" You asked and mentally face palmed as you knew he wouldn't answer you. He only shook his head, you took that as if he didn't want to talk about it.

You wiped off a few tears off his cheeks and removed his hair from his face. "No more crying, okay?" He nodded and finally made eye contact with you which didn't last long. "I'm sorry I didn't come in the morning, I had to go to school. My mom would never allow me to skip."

Jungkook now understood why she wasn't here in the morning and felt stupid for crying about it just now. He hated the fact that she probably saw him as a weak child.

He no longer wanted that. But he couldn't prove anything as of now, he felt broken and empty. But she made him feel strong.

He found it weird how she could make him feel strong and weak at the same time. He liked her since the first time he laid eyes on her—talk about that cliche 'love at first sight'. But he was now scared that he might be developing stronger feelings for her. He didn't know what love was. And the unknown frightened him.

As of you, you were just curious about him since you saw him. Curious as to why he received special treatment from teachers, bullied by students, never made eye contact, his stutter, and his mask. He was just that shy mysterious guy at school to you. Until yesterday, when you found him in such state. Your heart broke at the sight of him beaten. You had the urge to cry when he was crying. You weren't stupid, you now knew you liked him.

But you were scared to love again. Scared to be hurt again.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━