Spencer

I'm still a bit mad at Garcia throughout dinner, but I don't let it show. When I told them about Luna, I told them all not to dig.

I told them that she's important to me, and if they want to get to know her they need to make the effort themselves. No finding out who she is through her paper trails and various records.

I don't want Luna's life story served up to me on a silver platter. It's something that I need to earn. I want her to tell me about her family and where she grew up, what school subjects she was terrible at or great at.

I want to see Luna's world through her eyes, not the eyes of the FBI. She doesn't have a packet of paper with everything about me in it, why should I have one with everything about her?

Everyone got along really well with her, not that I doubted they would. Luna is brilliant.

She looks especially gorgeous tonight, clad in a red dress. It hugs her curves beautifully and the shade of red looks lovely against her skin tone and with her dark hair.

"What are you thinking about, Spence?" Her voice pulls me from my thoughts.

I smile, keeping my eyes on the road. "How everyone loved you,"

Luna giggles a bit. "You think so?"

"I'm positive,"

My phone dings and I ask Luna if she can open the message and read it to me.

"It's from Penelope, it says 'Avengers assemble ASAP!'. It's in all caps," She tells me.

A case...

"Can...can you ask if there's time for me to drop you off?" I sigh, running a hand through my hair.

"Sure," Luna says and I hear the keyboard tone as she types. "Sent it."

Another ding.

"She said 'it involves her, bring her with'. What does that mean? How could it involve me?" The girl asks.

My stomach is churning at the contents of the text message. What could it be that had to do with Luna? Well, there are a few things it could be. Quite a few...

"Spencer? What does it mean?" She asks again, her voice taken over by worry.

"I...I won't know until we get there. Everything's gonna be alright," I try to assure her, even though it might not be true. I reach my right hand over and grab hers.

We hold hands in silence for the better part of the drive to Quantico. It's just five minutes before we arrive that she squeezes my hand and says something.

"I'm scared," Is all she says, her voice quiet and timid.

"It's gonna be okay, Luna." I tell her once again, giving the back of her hand a kiss.

She doesn't say anything back to it. She knows it's not true. She knows I'm just trying to make her feel better...

As we make our way inside, Luna's hand stays in mine. We're met by Kevin, another technical analyst in the building.

"Hi, I'm Kevin," He greets Luna, giving her a tiny smile and reaching his hand out for her to shake. "Kevin Lynch, I work on another floor, but I was asked to hang out with you for awhile. Penelope's request,"

Luna shakes his hand. "Luna," She introduces herself, then gives me a worried look.

"Dr. Reid, they're waiting on you." Kevin tells me, gesturing toward the round table room.

I let go of Luna's hand and go to walk toward the room. I want to figure out what's going on.

"Wait! You're going?" She calls, her voice a bit shaky. "You guys aren't gonna tell me what's going on, just up and leave?"