Luna

I sit at Spencer's desk in the bullpen of the BAU, looking at the pictures of us that he has lined up. One of us taken just over a year ago on September twenty-first. It was the day that Sam was born. Samuel Derek Reid, our little baby boy. I'm in the hospital bed, holding Sam in my arms. Eleanor is on the left, giving a bright smile, missing her left front tooth on the top row. Her long brown hair is tied into a Dutch braid that Spencer had done for her earlier that day. Spencer on the right sitting on the edge of the bed next to me. He looks so happy, smiling a sweet smile down at me. He didn't even look at the camera for this shot. He said it was his favorite.

"It captured the feeling that was going through me. This... overwhelming feeling of love," He'd said.

Another is a candid he took of me, one that I had no clue about until I saw it framed on his desk several years ago. It's from the day we first met, and I'm sitting alone at the booth, doodling on my notebook with a half-empty drink in front of me. I've got my leg pulled up to my chest with my head resting on my knee. Black hat, green shirt, black overalls...

Another is of the two of us the night we went to go see Wicked. And the last one is of him and I on our wedding day, kissing each other after saying 'I do'.

My leg bounces up and down, completely out of my control. Anxiety is pumping through me as I sit here and wait. Penelope came back, shaken up... but there's been no word from Spencer. And Penelope said they hurt him when she came in.

Will took the kids, thankfully. I'm not sure I'd be able to handle them right now. I can barely handle myself, and the last thing I need is El asking me over and over why I'm crying.

I try to distract myself by reading one of the books on his desk, but it's not happening. My mind is racing and all I can focus on doing is spinning around in his chair, holding onto his purple scarf that I found in the drawer.

"Hey, kid," Rossi pulls his chair over and sits down next to Spencer's desk.

I stop my spinning and look at him. "Hi,"

"We're working the geographical profile now. We'll find him, Luna." He rests his hand on my shoulder.

I just nod, not really believing him.

"Is there anything I can get you? Coffee, water...?"

I just shake my head and thank him. He gives me a kiss on the top of my head before heading back to the round table room.

The night dwindles on as they try to work out where Spencer was taken and the significance of it, then finally...they head out. I'm left at the BAU with Penelope, but she's tucked into her Batcave, ready to help the team when they need it. I stay at Spencer's desk, clutching the stupid scarf, hoping for the best...and remembering all of the times we had together. I'm replaying every single moment in my head from the day that we matched on Heart Buzz to today. Every message, every phone call. Every tear, every smile...

It can't be over. He can't be gone...

What will I do without him?

I hear high-heels clicking on the floor, making me look up to see Penelope heading toward me quickly.

"He's okay! He's okay!" She tells me with a big smile.

I hop out of my chair and wrap my arms around her, relief running through my veins.

"They're on their way back," She tells me, holding me tight. When she pulls away she gives me a smile. "They got there just in time."

"Can I call him? Can I video chat him?" I ask her. "I can't wait until he's back, I need to see him or hear him."