Luna

Our last full day in Chicago goes by way too quickly.

We head out to the city and take pictures at Cloud Gate before doing other tourist-y things.

I tell Spencer all about how the river is dyed green for Saint Patrick's Day every year, and how freaky it looks. Like it's straight out of Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters brings me around to how Bill Murray is from Chicago and then I list off a bunch of other people that are.

My boyfriend listens happily as I ramble on about the city and the things to do. All of the night life, sports, restaurants.

I tell him about how despite living so close to the city, I'd only ever been there a handful of times.

We explore and grab dinner at Chicago Pizza before heading to the Buckingham Fountain to watch the light show.

He has his arms wrapped around me from behind, his head sits on my shoulder as we watch.

"Spencer?" I ask, leaning my head up against his.

"Hmm?" He hums back.

I let out a happy sigh, watching the colors change and the water spray in different directions. "Can I tell you something?"

"Anything, Lu..."

"Thank you," I run my hands over his. "For this weekend, for making me smile, for everything."

He gives me a tight squeeze. "It's my pleasure,"

I feel his lips kiss my cheek and butterflies erupt in my stomach. I can't believe how much I love this man. I'm so lucky to have him. He makes me so happy.

Spencer and I stand there for a few more minutes before deciding to head back to the house.

-

On Monday morning, we have an early family breakfast. Dad and Stella both have to work, so we're up eating at six in the morning. I cooked omelettes for everyone, with the help of my lovely assistant, Spencer.

When I hug him goodbye, Dad tells me how much he misses me.

"I miss you, Dad." I chuckle, hugging him tight.

"I wish your mom were here. I wish she could have met Spencer and saw how happy you are with him. How much he loves you..." He pulls away and holds me by my shoulders at arms-length.

I laugh at the last part, peeking over dad's shoulder to see Spencer talking to Stella.

Dad chuckles. "It's true. I can tell by the way that he looks at you when you're not looking. It's clear as day,"

I give my dad a smile and one final hug before he goes to Spencer to chat with him.

Stella makes her way over to me and wraps me in a tight hug before I can even say two words to her. "I'm gonna miss you," She tells me, her head on my shoulder.