Luna

It takes the next two weeks for me to get back to being my old self. A week after the entire incident, I travelled back to Chicago to go to mom's funeral and say my goodbyes. It helped a ton to see Stella and Dad. It was a sad time, but I tried to keep myself together. I cried to Spencer over the phone that night and slept in my sister's room to comfort her. I held her as she cried.

I said goodbye to them the next morning and hopped on the plane back to D.C.

The entire two weeks of recuperating were spent with Spencer by my side. In every free moment that he had, he was with me. He spent the nights that he wasn't out working with me, either at his place or mine. He took me out to parks, to get ice cream... We'd ordered take out a few times and I'd cooked with his help the other times. He let me talk his ear off about anything and everything and he'd just sit and listen to me blabber.

I told him all about my mom and my family. How she taught me to cook and how she'd volunteer to help with every single school event that Stella and I had. How great of a person she was...

I told him about our family traditions and any funny memories I could think of.

We'd never talked about our families before now, so one night when I was done rambling on about mine, I asked him about his. He'd mentioned his mom a few times in passing, but never his dad.

He told me everything... from his mom's schizophrenia to how his dad left him and his mom when he was young. He tells me about how his mom would read to him when he was little, how she says that he's so skinny because of all the coffee he drinks. He's got nothing but good things to say about her. He tells me that he'd love for me to meet her one day.

Spencer sits on my couch and I'm sat on the floor between his legs as he plays with my hair. Reruns of Doctor Who play on the TV.

"I love you, y'know." I tell him, leaning my head back to look up at him.

He smiles down at me. "I love you, too, Luna."

"Hey!" I jump to my feet. "You wanna do something fun?" I ask, rushing over to the few boxes I'd got in the mail earlier today.

The boy stands and follows me. "Like what?"

"I bought a tattoo machine, and inks, and transfers, and everything!" I tell him as I pull them out of the boxes. "Do you want to give me a tattoo?"

Spencer looks at me like I'm insane. "You want me to give you a tattoo?"

"If you're up for it," I smile at him. "C'mon, it'll be fun."

He debates it for a second before coming over to the table and sitting across from me.

I hand him a pad of paper and a pencil. "Here, you can sketch out whatever you want and then we'll make a transfer of it."

As Spencer tries to come up with something, I set everything up and read the instructions.

He walks away once and comes back with his bag, pulling out a ruler and a compass.

"It doesn't have to be precise, Spence," I chuckle, watching as he made a perfect circle with his compass.

"I just want the circle and lines to be nice," He laughs a bit, not looking up at me.

He finishes it up in no time and pushes the notepad over to me.

A smile takes over my lips as I look at the design.