Spencer

"No way. Is that Luna Cooke?" A woman's voice says. The tone is a bit sarcastic, snooty...

The color drains from Luna's face and her smile fades. There's a hint of fear in her eyes.

The girl turns slowly and her eyes land on the blonde just a few feet to her left.

"There she is," The blonde smiles. "Long time, no see, buttercup."

Is that...Maura?

Luna seems to be frozen in place, but her breathing has changed and she's shaking ever-so slightly. Jesus, she's having a panic attack. That's definitely Maura.

I need to bring her back down.

I lay my hand on her arm, squeezing lightly. "Lu, hey..."

Maura seems to spot me finally. She looks amused. "Come on, buttercup, aren't you gonna introduce me to your friend?"

When Luna doesn't answer her, she rolls her eyes and looks directly at me. "I'm Maura," She tells me with a smile.

I give Luna's arm another squeeze.

"Spencer," I greet politely, but don't smile at her. It's more to just get Luna to hear my voice...my name. Anything to pull her out of the state she's in.

My girlfriend slowly turns her head to look at me. Her brown eyes soften when she sees me, almost like she's relieved. Her entire demeanor changes as she looks back to Maura.

"Spencer, you look awfully familiar. I never forget a face," The blonde says. "I'm sure it'll come to me, but I know you from somewhere."

"We've never met," I tell her.

"So, Luna, care to explain why you stopped talking to me for no reason five years ago? I mean, technically, we never broke up...so, happy five years, buttercup."

I take a place next to Luna as I see her shaking her head.

"You cheated on me," The girl says through gritted teeth. She looks like she might cry, but her eyes are dark. She's angry. I've never seen her angry. If looks could kill... Maura would have been dead within a second of getting that look.

Maura scoffs, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "Well, if you'd have put out, I wouldn't have cheated."

"You bitch, I told you so many times that I was waiting."

"Wow, someone grew a backbone. I'm surprised you're not crying,"

"I guess five years'll do that. I'm not afraid of you anymore. I'm finally happy," Luna reaches for my hand and interlocks our fingers.

Amusement takes over Maura's face. "Oh, shit. Boyfriend? Does she put out for you?" Her eyes meet mine.

"Step off, Maura." I say sternly, feeling my blood boiling.

"Wow, the prude let you pop her cherry, huh? Big step,"

"Don't talk about her like that," I take a step in front of Luna.

The blonde cocks her head to the side, looking at me in concentration before a look of realization takes over her face. "Hey, I do know you! You were in a bunch of magazines like...four years ago. You dated Lila Archer, the actress." She chuckles, then looks to Luna, who has reclaimed a spot next to me. "Wow, bit of a down grade, huh? Lila Archer to her,"

"Your father talks to your mother like this, doesn't he? He degrades her, makes her feel worthless. And that's why you think it's okay," I take a step toward her, keeping my voice quiet.