Luna

When I get back to my apartment, I have a text message waiting from Spencer.

Spence 💕: Wish I could have stayed with you longer this morning. It was very...hit and run feeling.

I laugh at the message and type back a reply.

Me: hit and run? more like ejaculate and evacuate ahahaha!!!

He replies almost right away, probably on his lunch break.

Spence 💕: Haha! I guess you could call it that. How are you?

My phone buzzes in my hand and 'Sun Art Gallery' is the name that appears.

I answer right away. "Hello?"

"Luna! It's Mary, from Sun Gallery. How are you?" The familiar voice says.

"Hi, I'm alright. How are you?"

This call makes me realize I haven't been to my studio in weeks. Having a boyfriend has proven to be distracting. I do have plenty of sketches that are ready to be made into paintings, though.

"Great, thanks. I'm calling to ask you if you'd want to hold another exhibit of your work. It can be paintings, it can be sculpture... one of everything if you want!"

She's asking me to do another exhibit? Even after two of my paintings didn't sell the last time?

"Really? You guys want me to do another one?"

"The zine we released a few weeks ago with some of your work in it got you a lot of attention. People won't stop asking about your work," Mary tells me.

The zine! That's right! I had to agree to have pictures of my art in it.

"Wow, yeah. When would it be held?"

"A month? Does that work for you? On the weekend, of course."

"That works! Yeah, just, uh...text me the dates and I'll mark my calendar."

"Great! I will,"

"Thanks!"

I hang up and feel my stomach aching with nerves. Another exhibit? People actually asking about my work? Any medium? My head is reeling.

My phone dings and I look down at it to see another text message from Spencer.

Spence 💕: Did you go to sleep? Haha

I chuckle and text him back.

Me: no! haha. sorry I got a phone call. you'll never guess...

Spence 💕: Hmm... you're right. Tell me.

Me: the gallery wants me to do another exhibit! any medium this time!!!

Spence 💕: Luna, that's so great! I'm so happy for you!

If he was here right now, he'd be giving me a hug. One of the ones where he picks me up and spins around with me in his arms. I love those hugs.

Me: you've never been to my studio. I'm gonna be spending a lot of time there in the coming weeks... hope you'll be able to join me some of the time.

Spence 💕: I will! How about we celebrate tonight? I'll pick you up after work.

Aw! He wants to celebrate!