Chapter 4

"Yo, I need to ask you guys something," Cam said as he walked out into the living room of his apartment to see Nash and Carter Reynolds lodged to their seats playing PlayStation. It was midnight in California, which permitted the boys to the free time they barely had.

"What?" Carter asked sheepishly, without taking his eyes off the screen.

"When was the last time a fan asked you what your dreams were?"

Both Carter and Nash began laughing.

"Uhh, like, never," Nash said.

"A fan once asked me what my last wet dream was, does that count?" Carter asked, causing all of them to laugh.

"No, no, like seriously. Has any fan ever really asked you what you wanted to do after all this is over?"

"Never, dude. That stuff doesn't happen."

"Yeah, let's be honest. They only care about how hot we look in videos," Carter added. "I mean, what do we even do in our shows when we're on tour? At least Shawn sings. Despite our looks, we're kinda irrelevant, TBH."

"Did you just say TBH?" Nash asked, his eyes still glued onto the screen.

"Yeh. Means to be honest," Carter replied.

"I know what it means," Nash said.

"Guys, I'm trying to tell you, it just happened to me."

"What? Through via Twitter? Doesn't count," Nash said.

"No, I was doing my CallMeCam Wednesdays and I FaceTimed this amazing girl and she-"

"Whoa breh," Nash said. He instantly paused the game. "You never talk about a fan like that."

"You guys don't understand. We were on the call for three hours."

"Holy shit," Carter said. "What could you possibly be talking about with a fan for three hours?"

"That's the thing, she didn't feel like a fan. She felt like a friend," Cameron admitted.

"Was she hot?" Nash asked, popping a hot cheeto into his mouth.

"Well, yeah. She was pretty hot."

"You gotta keep tabs on this girl, bro," Nash said.

"I agree," Carter replied, who was now in the kitchen. "Any fan that keeps you on a call longer than ten minutes, I say give it a chance."

"I just don't know how, without coming off too clingy."

"Well, think. You're Cameron Dallas, make it happen," Nash said, flicking a hot cheeto to Cameron's face.

.

.

.

Two days later, while Ariel was crammed inside her Med textbooks, her phone rang alerting her that someone was requesting to Face Time. She picked up her phone to see a 909 extension she didn't recognize.

Alarmed, she accepted the call but aimed the camera to the ceiling to see who it was first. And of all people it could have been, Ariel was so surprised to see Cameron on the other end.

"Uhh, hello? Ariel?"

She shot the camera to her face. "Sorry, I didn't recognize your number. By the way I'm very surprised you didn't block it."

"We just spoke for three hours the other day, I think I'm comfortable with you having my number." The two laughed.

"I'm sorry, is this a bad time? Are you busy?"