Chapter 21 (2020)

Roughly one year later, 2020

It was the one year anniversary of Grace's death. Since then, everything has changed. Cameron starred in three movies that year, and won two 2019 Emmys. The divorce with Alice caused him to be distant with just about everyone, focusing solely on his career and fame. He became too busy for anything and anyone which allowed relationships and friendships to fade away, especially his and Ariel's.

Ariel had met someone new through Med school. His name was Jesse and they began going steady that previous November. She told him all about her history with the famous Cameron Dallas as well as all the baggage she held, which intrigued him but only motivated Jesse to stay with her.

One could say that the two were finally moving on with their lives, leaving the past behind, where it was suppose to be left. However there was no denying for the both of them, that there was still this lingering misery in the pit of their hearts. Loneliness.

Cameron had fame, and Ariel had Jesse but neither filled the inevitable void they both possessed in their lives.

Denver

That morning, Ariel awoke on her bed beside Jesse who was knocked out. He had recently moved into the loft in April.

It was only 8 AM and she was wide awake, aware of the significance this day implied. She missed her bestfriend terribly and thought of her everyday. But Ariel had learned long ago that everything happens for a reason and it is what it is.

She unplugged her phone that charged beside her and decided to check her social networks. Throughout the year, Ariel had become very popular through social media. It was because of her relationship with Cameron, her social status of inking famous celebrities, and also being sighted so many times in popular events. She sort of created a fanbase she didn't really know what to do with. She was hardly ever active on social networks because of school, but this morning was different.

Ariel noticed everyone on Twitter was talking about Grace. They had mentioned her in multiple tweets that read "RIP Grace" and "One year today" and "She was so pretty" and so forth. It was fans worldwide sending their condolences via Twitter but only made Ariel extremely confused.

She never put anything about Grace on her social accounts. Only the people near and dear to her knew about her loss. Then, she finally thought of the one person who could cause this much people to care about such a small lost.

She quickly checked Cameron's account. To her dismay the last active tweet was three days ago, and was only promoting his new movie. Nothing about Grace that would have caused such publicity. But it didn't take long to recognize the tweets that had.

She came across each of the boys' account and almost forgot that they had all met her back in Manhattan.

@NashGrier: Heaven received an angel #1yearAgoToday RIP Grace

@ShawnMendes: She was such a charismatic, light hearted girl. She wasn't a fan, she was our friend. #1yearAgoToday RIP Grace

@Mr_Carterr: Felt like yesterday when she was our therapist during the magcon break up.... we love u Grace.

@ItsMattEspinosa: Manhattan 2018 #1yearAgoToday (photo attachment)

The photo Matt posted was of all of them in Cameron's premiere party. Grace was standing in the middle, as her and the boys did their silliest face. It was obvious how close Grace had gotten to the boys that night for them to care so much. The only people missing in the photo were Cameron and Ariel.

Cameron must have told all of them about her loss, because she certainly didn't. Still, it amazed Ariel how much things changed since then. Cameron and Nash had become famous, aspiring actors. Shawn's singing career only grew, and had toured worldwide the previous summer. Jack G. and Taylor Canniff became models while Jack J. and Matthew became comedians. The rest of the boys grew their fame in different ways. And Grace was dead.