Chapter 12

However, Ariel's presence indeed interfered with the entire production. She unintentionally and helplessly distracted Cameron during filming, causing the whole crew to stay in Prague for one extra day, messing up the schedule for the movie entirely.Though everyone was disappointed, no one confronted Ariel due to the promise of the great Nick Cassavetes who claimed to "handle everything."

That night, Nick invited everyone including Ariel for a formal dinner in his sister's mansion, who actually happened to live in Prague. It was said to be at 7 o'clock and to wear your finest clothes.

So, the couple arrived lavishly. Cameron wore a classic, black, fitted tuxedo with a white dress shirt and a skinny black tie. Ariel wore a black gown that reached the floor and exposed her entire back. Her hair was up in a clean bun and her makeup was subtle as usual, wearing a matte purple lip to finish the smokey look.

They entered the mansion where they were immediately ushered into the dining room by two butlers.

Every crew from cameras to lighting, from editing to makeup, from actor to actress was seated at the great dining table that held at least fifty or more people. Exotic foods and extravagant wines were passed around, resulting in a wonderful dinner afterall.

Once desert was out, Nick had walked over to Cameron and requested quietly in his ear that he wanted to talk to him privately in the piano room. No one had noticed, for everyone was completely invested in the Hollywood gossip that was being spoken about in the table.

Cameron abruptly whispered in Ariel's hair, "Hold on baby, I'm gonna run to the bathroom." Ariel nodded carelessly and continued to chime in the gossip.

About two minutes later, the women seated to the right of Ariel, who might have had a drink too many, accidentally knocked a glass of wine onto Ariel's dress with her elbow. It had caused a bit of commotion at the end of the table, with the woman excessively apologizing and Ariel relentlessly assuring her that it was okay. Nick's sister, the owner of the mansion, directed her to the nearest bathroom, which was out into the hallway, next to the piano room.

Ariel instantly got up and headed for the extravagant restroom but came to a halt when she heard Cameron's voice coming from the room to her left. Curiosity captured her so she hid behind the wall before the room to eavesdrop.

"Dallas, ya know I love ya like a son. Ya happen to be my favorite student in my daughter's acting class and I love having ya in the movie." Ariel quickly decoded the voice to be Nick's. "But son, ya must got me fucked up if ya think ya can just bring some random bitch up here to distract you and have the whole fuckin movie delayed by a day."

"She's my girlfriend, Nick, and she was just trying to surprise me and--"

"I knew you'd say that, boy. So allow me to give ya some words of wisdom. Yes? Man to man? Entertainer to entertainer?"

Cameron didn't say anything.

"You're in the entertainment business, Dallas," Nick said sternly. "Love? Ya, that shit don't exist here. It's a pretty fucked business, but it is what it is. Don't worry, I was just like ya. A naive fuckboy that convinced myself I was in love with a girl back home that I've known since childhood. What happened, ya ask? Time passed, my fame grew, paparazzi started getting up our asses. She wanted me to stay home more, wanted me to fend for our child, wanted so many damn things, that bitch. So I left. And yes it broke my fuckin heart, but if ya ask me now, I don't regret a damn thing. Bitch held me back from my dreams. And look where I'm at now."

Cameron still remained silent, but he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Girlfriends and romance and love don't last in this career. Yah, everything we're filming in this movie? We'll never fuckin have. But that's fine, because ya get money, and ya fuck bitches. And ya live your life in fame."