Chapter 7

It was an eventful day for everyone. Cameron took Ariel to the largest art gallery in Toronto and attended a seminar where they got a whole room all to themselves to paint. Afterwards, they met up with the boys in a restaurant where they all had lunch together. It was awkward for Ariel at first, being the only girl and everything, but it only took hours before she had reached a certain comfort zone with each of them and considered all of them her brothers.

It was nine o'clock at night now and it was back to it being just Cameron and Ariel, driving around the outskirts of the city, with their windows rolled down and music pumped up. After a while, Ariel lowered the radio to talk.

"You know, maybe we should head back to the hotel. Shawn's big day is tomorrow and I feel like he'll freak out if we're not back soon," Ariel suggested.

Cameron snorted. "Ariel, the concert isn't till nine o'clock tomorrow night. What are we going to do, over sleep for the whole day?"

"No, of course not. I'm just saying. Shawn clearly emphasizes the importance of this event, he's really serious about it."

"No. He's not completely serious about it. The boys are never serious about anything," Cameron laughed. "If anything, Ariel, I think you're being the serious one here."

"What? Why would I be serious about this?"

"Not this specifically, just in general. You're a very uptight person."

Ariel gasped. "I am not! I am fun, okay?" She crossed her arms. In her peripherals, she could see Cameron laughing silently. "I am!"

"Really? Okay, then, what was the last thing you did that made you feel ecstatic and daring and overwhelmed with joy?" Cam asked keeping his eyes on the road yet maintaining a sly grin on his face. Ariel took a moment to think. "You see, if you already have to think about it, it's been too long."

"No, no. I thought of one!"

"Okay, great, let's hear it."

"It may have been only a year since then, but it still gives me chills till day."

"What is it?"

"Buying my loft," Ariel mumbled, looking out the window.

"What'd you say?" Cameron asked, with a big smile, seconds away from erupting in laughter.

"Buying my loft," Ariel repeated, still mumbling but a bit louder this time.

"I'm sorry, I can't hear ya baby," Cameron said shaking his head, a sly smile still painted on his face.

"It was buying my loft, okay!" Ariel exclaimed with confidence yet embarrassment. Cameron blew up laughing.

"Shut up! I don't have time for that shit," Ariel noted, but couldn't help but laugh herself. Watching Cameron so free and young made her feel ecstatic and daring and overwhelmed with joy already. That was enough for her.

"You wanna know the last awesome thing I did?"

"No."

"It was sky diving in Miami last week!"

"Sky diving in Miami last week," Ariel mocked him which caused the both of them to laugh uncontrollably. "Do you want a gold medal, Cameron?"

"I'm just saying. I know how to enjoy life!"

"Okay, you make me sound like some full-time nanny that spends her free time on extreme coupon-ing and watching documentries for fun."

"No, no, I'm not saying that," Cameron said. "You're just equivalent to a full-time nanny that spends her free time doing extreme coup--" Cameron couldn't stop laughing to bring himself to finish.