Chapter 8

It was eight o'clock in Toronto and in the ninth floor, room 900 of the Heathmen hotel was utter chaos. Everyone was getting ready for Shawn's performance.

Nash was the first to finish, and exited the master bathroom where more then fifteen people were rushing to get ready. He headed to the great room and lounged in one of the chairs, replying to fans on his cell phone.

A few minutes later, Cameron exited, being the second to finish and was so overwhelmed by all the chaos, he joined Nash in the peaceful great room and plopped right next to him.

The event was between formal/casual so Cameron wore a simple white button up with rolled up sleeves to his elbows. He matched his shirt with salmon pastel colored shorts that cut off a little above his knees and paired it with light beige Sperry's.

Nash glanced over and commented on his attire, "You look hot, breh."

"Thanks, breh."

"Even though you're wearin' the basic white boy douche outfit."

"How is this the basic white boy douche outfit?"

Nash snorted. "Let's be real, Cam, that fit basically screams 'You can beat me up, but my daddy will sue you!'" He teased using a high pitched voice.

Cameron rolled his eyes and took his phone out, joining Nash.

"Hey, have you been on Twitter?"

"Not since we've been here, no."

"Check it. Everyone's talking about you and your new girlfriend."

"I didn't know I had a new girlfriend," Cam said sarcastically with a pinch of annoyance. "How do people even know about Ariel?"

"Well, bro, you don't just go out to public with some random girl. There's pictures of you guys at the art gallery, entering the hotel together, all of us at that restaurant yesterday and you feeding her. Come on, fans go deep when they found out their celebrity crush has a girlfriend."

Cameron rubbed his face. "She isn't even my girlfriend," He whined.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Well, what the fuck? Why'd you fly her all the way out here if you guys aren't even going to settle in the end?"

"I've been talking to her for a year, Nash. I wanted to see if the connection was as strong in person."

"Is it?"

"Well, obviously. And it's not like I chose to not be with her. She's afraid to commit to me. With the distance, and fame and how we're both pursuing opposite careers."

"I say it's worth it," Nash noted. Cam remained silent. "I mean, this is the happiest I've seen you since I've known you. And I love Ariel. We all love Ariel. She's a catch bro."

Before Cameron could respond, the doors of the master bathroom opened, and closed.

"Cam?" Ariel called.

"We're in the great room!" Cameron hollered back. She entered the room where Nash and Cam lounged and began cheering in regards to the fact that being the only girl there, she was still the third to finish.

But it was as if she became mute to Cameron. He didn't hear a single word she said. All he noticed was how stunning she looked standing there before him, all glamorous and elegant. He was use to the casual, effortless Ariel, the form he met her in a year ago. But even so, it was this very moment when Cameron realized he had himself a complete catch.

Ariel caught Cameron's expression as he just continued to gaze at her. No guy had ever given this look, which just caused her to flush scarlet all over.

"What do you think?" Ariel wore a strapless, white dress that emphasised her curves and perfect figure magnificently. Her brunette natural waves was straightened perfectly, a rarity for her. She wore light beige wedges to compliment the style of the dress and her makeup wasn't too much, nor too little, topping off the complete look with a perfect red lip.

"Oh my gosh, girl, you look perf," Nash beamed, feigning flamboyance. He even snapped his fingers.

"Thanks, Nash," Ariel laughed. She was still flushing over Cameron's intense look, who in which was still staring. "Cam?"

Suddenly, Cameron stood, walked over to her and caressed her cheek. "I think you're breath taking."

Nash almost gagged.

.

.

.

The concert was held in a corner pub in the center of the city which piled up completely in the matter of minutes. It was one of those event centers that had strobing neon lights, smoke coming from all directions and random confetti falling down every now and then.

Luckily, the Magcon boys and Ariel had amazing spots and was able to take in the true experience of every performance.

There was a variety of music genres and a variety of performers. During the rock and up beat, hip hop performances, the crowd would go chaotic which caused a bunch of fervent dancing, especially between Cameron and Ariel. During the more slower, sentimental, acoustic performances, the audience would sway and put their hands up, and couples would embrace to the rhythm of the song.

It was Shawn's turn to perform, and he sung an original song titled, Life of the Party, which was more in the slower side. Cameron rested his chin on top of Ariel's head, fitting almost perfectly. Her back touched his chest as his arms wrapped around her waist and they swayed to the same tempo of their friend's song.

"You know something, Ariel Vi?" He whispered to the back of her ear.

"Mmm.. what is it, Cameron Dallas?" She asked, with her eyes closed.

"I'm in love with you."

And it took Ariel no hesitation to say the simple words back, "I'm in love with you, too."

He brushed his nose across her hair and suggested, "Let's get out of here."