Chapter 18

The bachelor's party that night was held at a recreation center about twenty minutes away from downtown Seattle. Although it was in a more quieter and discreet setting, it did not make the party any less bizarre.

There were celebrities everywhere. From models like Cara Delevigne to actors like Leonardo DiCaprio. From famous athletes like LeBron to singers like Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars.

It was a typical L.A. party, but in Washington. Cameron's fame had sent him to meet all sorts of celebrities, and it impressed Ariel that they were all in town for his wedding.

Even the rest of the boys were here, except for Nash. He was shooting a movie at New Zealand and sincerely apologized to Cameron for his absence.

Twenty minutes into the party, Ariel was exasperated. She had met all the celebrities she could, danced a while, pigged out on the free food, and drank a lot more than she intended to. She barely saw Cameron and spoke to him for the majority of the night since it was his party and he was occupied most of the time. Mostly he was with Alice, enjoying his night with her.

Usually, Ariel knew her drinking limits and could very much control how much alcohol to consume. But one look at how happy Cameron was with another girl that wasn't her, and she didn't care. She drank her life away, abusing the liquor as a remedy to heal her broken heart.

It had come to the point where Ariel was too buzzed and had to sit to prevent from either falling or throwing up. The closest place she could think of that was quiet and not obnoxious, was outside on the steps of the recreation porch. It was raining quite roughly, but it was better than the nauseous chaos inside. Plus, the porch roof had kept her dry.

She quickly whipped out her phone, and opened the texting application.

To Grace

Drunk as fyck | 9:35PM

Grace and Danny had spent the day in the city and was now cozied up in a luxurious hotel room. Danny's arms were wrapped around his wife's as he snored quietly in her hair. They had just finished their eventful night.

Grace picked up her phone from the bedside table and checked the text, suddenly starting to worry.

From Grace

Our flight is in an hour. Can you drive? Do you need us to pick you up? | 9:37PM

Ariel received the message and attempted texting back, which was a very difficult task since she was extremely intoxicated. She was still trying to type all the right letters on her screen when suddenly she heard the doors behind her open. But she didn't care to look up, she was completely invested on focusing on her reply.

"There you are," she heard Cameron's voice say.

"Cameron!" She immediately put her phone down as he walked over and sat down next to her on the porch stairs.

"Ariel Vi, do you know how rude it is to be on your cell phone during a friend's bachelor party?" He teased.

"I-I wasn't on my phone," she slurred. It was obvious to Cameron that she was intoxicated.

"You're drunk," he noted, almost feigning disapproval.

"Naaaahh," Ariel teased, but Cameron kept a straight face.

"So, I drank!" she exclaimed with a wide grin. She shot her arms to the air and shouted to the lot, "I'm a 23 year old woman who's turning 24 in a week and I DRANK, WORLD! SUE ME, WHY DON'T YOU!"

Cameron rolled his eyes. "You have to get on a plane in less than an hour, Ariel. You can't even drive in this state. I'll call a cab for you." He reached for his phone in his pocket and Ariel immediately stopped him.