Chapter 20

Meanwhile in London

"What do you think about this?" Alice beamed as she strutted out into the designer room wearing nothing but a thin, sheer cloth that was only shaded darker in private areas such as her nipples and her pubic, exposing pretty much everything else.

It was 9 AM in the U.K. and the couple went on a London fashion tour for Alice to premiere on. They were currently in some famous designers' house with Alice's modeling crew, trying out new, never before seen outfits.

"Bravo!" one designer yelped. "You, madame, will be the eye candy of the night!"

The rest of the crew applauded and beamed at the outfit. Cameron simply slumped on a chair, scrolling down his iPhone 9S, remaining completely oblivious to the whole thing.

"Cam?" Alice asked for his opinion. "What do you think?"

Cameron finally looked up from his phone, and took a glimpse of his wife. "It's kind of... I don't know, revealing."

The same designer who made the eyecandy comment scowled. "What does he know about fashion anyway?" he whispered terribly. Then, in a louder tone, "This is the look everyone will be going for in the next two months!"

"What look?" Cameron laughed. "The naked look? What? Your birthday suit?" Cameron suddenly erupted in laughter in his seat, but no one joined. They all stared at him, offended almost.

"I'm just saying," Cameron said, recovering from his episode, "whatever happened to... I don't know, modest clothing?"

"Modest was so 2017, boy!" another member of the crew fired.

"It's provocative," Cameron shrugged to Alice. "And I don't necessarily like the idea of you wearing that thing in front of more than ten strangers."

"Cameron," Alice hissed between her teeth, indicating he was being rude. He shot his arms up in the air in mock protest.

"But don't listen to me, baby," Cameron said feigning annoyance. "I'm just your husband."

Cameron's and Alice's marriage went downhill before it even began. The complications began the night of their bachelor's party after Alice witnessed him inches away from kissing Ariel. Since it was the day before their wedding, she didn't allow it to take a big toll on their relationship. However, Alice made it clear to Cameron that keeping any contact with Ariel from their wedding day forward was forbidden. Therefore, resulting in zero communication between the two since the bachelor's party, an unhappy marriage and a miserable Cameron Dallas.

Moments passed, and Alice had re-entered the designer's room with a new outfit that was less revealing, but failed to appeal to Cameron no less. All of the designers and crew members continued to applaud and marvel at the model when suddenly Cameron's phone rang distinctively, attracting everyone's attention.

It took one look at the screen to see who it was and cause Cameron's heart to sink. No contact for an entire year, and the one who got away was calling him at that exact moment. Then again, it was July. Still, it was surprising, frightening almost, and caused Cameron to jump straight into conclusions that something terribly wrong has occurred. He snapped out of his reverie and excused himself from everyone in the living room.

.

.

.

"Hello?" Cameron answered, on the last ring. He was walking around the dining room, a good distance away from everybody at the designer's room.

The only thing he could hear on the other line was soft weeping.

"Ariel? Are you okay? What happened?"