Chapter Nine ♡

It was music time~!

Your POV

I was pulled back onto the field by John. Some upbeat song was playing through speakers as we found ourselves amongst fellow dancers.

Partly through the song, John grabbed my hand, twirling me. He pulled me flush against his chest, a grin on his face.

"Enjoying yourself?" he asked.

I giggled. "Certainly. It appears you are as well."

John chuckled. "Only because you're here."

We both laughed and finished the song, and I turned to the group. (B/F/N) and Alex had slightly sour expressions on their faces as all four of them talked. I didn't have much time to think on it though, before John grabbed my hand gently and we walked off the small field.

I shot him a smile and he returned the gesture, and I could just faintly make out a pink hue spreading onto his freckled cheeks. It made me realize how much I adored him. Yet I still found myself in a situation...

I was certainly confused on who I loved.

~

After all the dancing, we decided to actually go on the rides. Herc and John were on God knows what crazy ride, Alex and Laf were back looking at the music stuff, and that left (B/F/N) and I trying to find rides and other things to do.

I had suggested the Ferris Wheel, but she said we should save that for last. I was certainly confused, but went with it.

We had just gotten off of (random ride), and we had about two and a half hours left before the festival ended.

"C'monnnn (N/N)! Go on (crazy ride) with me!" (B/F/N) exclaimed.

I shook my head. "No! Why not go on with Herc or someone?"

"Becauseeee I know Herc has already been on it! Besides, it'll be fun with you!" she argued.

I sighed. "Fine! But you owe me."

(B/F/N) cheered. "Yeah yeah. Now c'mon! Let's go~!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the ride.

This would be fun..

~

"See, (N/N)? It wasn't that bad!"

I shrugged. "I guess. Preferably not again though."

"Well you did it. I'll take it!"

We both laughed and got onto some more rides.

We had about an hour and a half left, and (B/F/N) and I were currently on a bench. She looked at me. "Wanna go find the guys and get some food?"

"Is that even a question? Let's go!" This time I grabbed her hand and we were off, trying to find four rambunctious males.

~

Eventually, we were all gathered at a small table, each having some form of festival treat. We were trying to figure what to do with the rest of our time.

"(N/N)! We still have yet to go on the Ferris Wheel!" (B/F/N) claimed.

"I thought you wanted to save that for last?" I recalled, looking at her.

She face-palmed. "Riiiiight. Sorry, I'm just excited."

I laughed. "Me too, best friend, me too."

"What'll we be doing after the festival is over?" Alex asked after a moment.

I shrugged. "No clue. I guess we'll figure that out."

We finished up our food and I soon found myself back in with the music merchandise, somehow losing all my friends (on accident this time). Unfortunately, Noah and Owen weren't there either.

While walking around, I bumped into someone. "Woops! I'm sorry!" I apologized.

"It's fine! I wasn't watching where I was going," a female voice replied. I took a brief minute to look at her.

She was about my age, with curly, dark auburn locks. She had warm brown eyes and a splay of freckles (not nearly as much as John, however). She looked familiar, she sounded familiar, but I didn't know why. But then it clicked.

"A-Amara?!"

Her eyes widened. "How do you-- wait... (N/N)!"

I pulled her into a tight hug, both of us laughing. I hadn't seen Amara since high school!

We pulled apart, taking some time to catch up, and after a while I heard the familiar voice of my best friend. "(Y/N)? A-ha!"

(B/F/N) came running up, her eyes widening when she saw Amara. "Holy sh*t... Amara!"

Amara laughed. "(B/F/N)!"

They hugged quickly and soon the guys had found us too. I had done a quick introduction of the guys to Amara, her remembering them faintly.

By the end of the encounter, I got Amara's number and we said our goodbyes, making sure to hang out soon.

We decided to try and go on some rides together, not splitting up our group. Soon we only had forty minutes of the festival left, and (B/F/N) and I were finally heading to the Ferris Wheel. The guys said they'd wait for us.

(B/F/N) was talking with the four about something, and I spotted Noah and Owen getting off the Ferris Wheel. I quickly told (B/F/N) I was going to talk to them and ran over.

"Did you guys enjoy the Ferris Wheel?" I asked.

They nodded. "Yeah. The Ferris Wheel has always been my favorite thing in parks," Noah spoke.

"Mine too!" I exclaimed.

I talked with them for about five minutes before (B/F/N) came up to me. "C'mon (N/N)! It's time~!"

I giggled, saying my goodbyes to Noah and Owen. (B/F/N) and I got into the line for the Ferris Wheel, when she spoke up.

"You ready for the surprise I've been planning?"

I had almost forgotten that. "Oh yeah! Hell yeah I am!"

She laughed, and we talked until it was our turn for a seat.

John's POV

I was talking with Alex, Laf, and Herc. (B/F/N) had been talking to us but she eventually dropped out, and I noticed her looking at (Y/N) chatting with Noah and Owen.

I watched her from the corner of my eye as she pulled out a familiar white box. The one from the jewelry store. "It's time!" she whispered, "I can do this..."

She walked over to (Y/N) and the pair, tucking the box away. The guys noticed it too. We all shared a glance.

We knew what was happening.

I was suddenly highly aware of the box in my bag...

It didn't have a use now.

---

Amara has been properly introduced! I hope you guys liked this, and next chapter should be out later today, but that is tbd!

keep watch though... the real story has only just begun...

~ Galaxy