Chapter Eleven ♡

Amara.

Your POV

I could see (B/F/N) was anxious. I should've realized she liked me, but the way her and Amara looked at each other... as much as I didn't want to potentially hurt her feelings, I knew I had to try this.

I finally regained my voice. "W-wow.."

(B/F/N) sighed. "Look, I'm sorry... I shouldn't have said anything--"

"No, (B/F/NN), it's okay! I'm not upset. But... I've seen someone else who looks at you the way you look at me. I think you'd be better off with her than me."

She looked confused. "Really..? Who?"

"Amara."

At the name, I saw a faint pink hue. "A-Amara?" Called it!

I laughed. "Yeah. And don't get me wrong, I really love this necklace, but I feel like it should be received the way it was meant to be given, if y'know what I mean."

(B/F/N) nodded. "No, I get it. I have to thank you for not taking this the wrong way."

"Anytime. That's what best friends are for, right?"

She laughed. "I guess so. Your amazing drawing is getting hung up though."

"Good to know it'll be admirable."

By now the ride was coming to an end. (B/F/N) looked at me. "Do you think Amara will still be here?"

I nodded. "I'm willing to bet she'll be back at the music booths. I saw her eyeing some things so she probably went back to eye them some more."

We both laughed. "Good to know," (B/F/N) replied.

Our cart stopped, and we were let out. We exited and (B/F/N) turned to me. "Thank you so much for understanding everything, (N/N)! I'm gonna go look for Amara!"

I laughed. "Of course, (B/F/NN). You're my best friend. Now go get her!"

She gave me a quick hug and hurried from sight, most likely to the music area. I went to go back to the guys... well... rather Alex and Laf. Perplexed (hA i'm so funny), I walked quickly over to them. "Where's John and Herc?"

"They went to our car to do something, they should be back though," Alex answered.

Laf looked at me a moment. "Where's (B/F/N), mon amie?"

I snickered. "Off to find her true love."

Both guys looked puzzled, and that made me realize that the four of them had known what she was planning. I couldn't help but laugh. "Let me explain..."

I briskly explained what happened on the Ferris Wheel to Alex and Laf, to which they seemed pretty relieved. Alex thought my idea was pretty smart, and we talked for a couple more minutes, yet no John or Herc.

I looked around, trying to find the missing two. "I'm gonna go look for them. Where'd you guys park?"

Alex quickly described where they were. "You know what our car looks like."

I nodded. "Gotcha. I'll be back!"

I hurried past them and started my little search.

~

Sure enough, I found the two by their car. "Herc! John!"

John looked up, a relieved expression crossing his face, but Herc was facing away. I ran up to them.

"(N/N)! Could we talk a quick moment?" John asked.

I nodded, a bit confused. "Sure, Johnny."

John gave Herc a quick hug, and that's when I noticed the tear tracks. Before I could say anything to Herc though, John grabbed my hand gently and led me away.

Before he could say anything, I spoke up. "Is Herc okay..?"

John sighed. "Look, (N/N), I don't know if you figured it out but the guys and I knew about (B/F/N)'s plan since she got the necklace."

"I just realized that today..." I replied.

"At least you realized it... but apparently Herc is taking this... worse than we thought. I've never seen him like this, ever."

I shook my head. "Neither have I... but I have something to tell you guys."

"Go on..."

"(B/F/N) is trying to get Amara. I helped her out by letting her give the necklace to Amara," I informed.

John's hazel eyes widened. "So... you two..."

"Nope. I had my eyes on... others.. anyway," I replied, smiling slightly.

John took a minute to process what I said, then I saw a faint crimson cross his freckled cheeks. I put my finger up to my mouth, a playful smirk on my face. I walked back over to the car, where Herc was. I walked up behind him, John following me.

"Herc..?"

He was silent. I sighed. "Herc... please.." Still silent. I could faintly hear the sounds of his uneven breathing.

"Hercules..." John said quietly.

I put my hand on Herc's arm. "At least turn around... for us."

He was still, but then turned around. I looked up, meeting his dark brown eyes. Small tears pricked the corner of his eyes. I felt a strong pang of guilt.

"Don't cry, Herc..." I said softly.

He looked like he was about to reply, but he shut his eyes instead, stray tears slipping down his face. I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly, and he tensed for a moment before wrapping his arms around me.

We stayed like that a moment, before pulling away. I looked at John, who had a soft smile on his face, then back at Herc, who was now looking up.

"I think we should go back to Alex and Laf before they send a search party," I suggested, a smile tugging at my lips.

Herc chuckled, and the smile crossed my face instantly. "Okay," he replied.

I looked back at John. "Ready, Johnny?"

He nodded. "Yep. Let's go."

John grabbed Herc's hand reassuringly, and I walked next to John.

Needless to say, tonight's festival was one I'd never forget.