Chapter Thirty-Three ♡

ohmygod our world is a l i v e ?? holy f*ckin sh*t call the c O p S --

Your POV

I waved to (B/F/N) after getting out of her car, going up the stairs to my apartment. Unlocking the door, I was greeted to a - surprisingly - empty place.

Setting down my bag, I walked over to my couch, sitting down and pulling out my phone. Turning it on, I was met with the screen full of missed calls and messages from all four boyfriends.

Herc
Where'd you go off to? Is everything alright? (8 hours ago)

Herc
Hey sweetheart! Noticed you weren't there when... (11 hours ago)

Laf
Are you with a friend? Are you hurt? (3 hours ago)

Laf
Ma ange? Are you at home? (7 hours ago)

Johnny
What's going on baby girl? You're starting to freak... (2 hours ago)

Johnny
You haven't answered Laf or Herc... is everything... (4 hours ago)

Alex
You're still not home, love. Please tell one of us you're... (1 hour ago)

Alex
You're really starting to freak out the boys. It's amusing,... (4 hours ago)

And to think that was only some things. The voicemails were something too. I decided it was finally time to text them before they called the police or some unnecessary sh*t.

I went to our group chat.

(N/N): Phone was on do not disturb all day while with (B/F/N) and Amara. I'm home, now you can calm down lol

It wasn't long at all before there was a reply.

Alex: (Y/N)! You had us worried half to death!

(N/N): I can tell-

Herc: You seem to have a thing with do not disturb, sweetheart (guilty? guilty-)

(N/N): Guilty as charged... it's not my fault I get too many random number calls on the daily

(N/N): Y'all calm now? If not tell Laf he can stop pacing

Laf: How did you know I-

Laf: I mean

Laf: I wasn't!

(N/N): Suuure. You pace and fidget when you're nervous, Laf

Alex: She's not wrong, Laf.

Johnny: ^

Johnny: We're just glad nothin happened, chickadee

Herc: Yeah.. I'm pretty sure John was ready to go murder someone

Johnny: Was not!

Johnny: And even if I was, you were too, Herc!

The conversation continued on for some more time, until I dismissed myself from the chat.

~

"Where's Lex?" I asked, sat in Laf and Herc's apartment.

"Said he had work," Herc answered, taking the spot next to me. Laf was in the chair, and John was next to Herc.

"But I thought he had the day off?" I questioned.

Laf shrugged. "Maybe Washington called 'im in. It 'appens sometimes."

"I guess so." I shrugged as well. "But Washington rarely ever calls him in on a day off."

"Prob'ly because Alex doesn't know how to take one," Herc responded, making John snort. "You could say that again."

"Did he at least say when he's coming back?" I asked.

Laf shook his head. "Non. I do not recall. 'e'll probably be back later tonight like normal."

I shrugged (or, whatever could be considered a shrug with one good arm), leaning against Herc, who in turn, rested his arm over my shoulders. "I'll prob'ly shoot him a text later. Or call him. One of the two."

"Knowing he's still alive over there would be nice," John commented in reply.

"You know Alex; he gets all focused on his work and doesn't communicate well," Herc responded. "I think we've all made sure at least twice that he's still a functioning human being."

"I'd give it more. I don't remember how many times I've brought him lunch because I knew he wouldn't have it otherwise," I added.

"And honestly, depending on the day, I have to bring someone else's -" I looked over to John- "'cause he follows in his boyfriend's footsteps."

John raised his hands in defense while the other two snickered. "In my defense, Washington is not known for light work."

"Excuses, excuses, amour," Laf teased. "You should know better, oui?"

"Don't encourage her," John groaned, head falling onto Herc's shoulder. "She's a troublemaker enough."

"Actually, Laf, please encourage me," I responded, looking over to Laf as he grinned.

"Peut-être que tu pourrais être un peu plus facile avec lui?" he suggested in French, knowing John wouldn't be able to understand and would think encouraging is exactly what he was doing. (Maybe you could go a little easier on him?)

"Où est le plaisir avec ça?" (Where's the fun with that?)

"Guys, c'monnn," John whined. "If you're gonna encourage at least make it so we know what y'all are sayin'."

"He wasn't encouraging me," I laughed.

"C'est correct. We just knew it would annoy you," Laf added.

"How could you guys do that to him? For shame," Herc finally put in, feigning shock. "I can't believe you two."

I stood up, walking over to Laf. He let me sit myself on his leg, chuckling as his arm wrapped around my waist. "Y'all just wish you could handle us," I retorted teasingly, looking to Laf. "Right, amour?"

Laf nodded, pulling me into a quick kiss. "Vrai, mon fleur."

As sad as it was to say, hanging out without Alex was starting to become a norm. I hoped it didn't turn that way completely.

~

"You know I was hanging out with them," I spoke, looking at her.

"Don't be so rough. They still have each other, I have no one but you.." she responded.

"Seriously?" I asked incredulously, stepping over to her. I paused. "Fine. I'm being rough, huh? I'll show you rough."

u m m take that ending however you want to oop

on another tho i seriously apologize i haven't touched this book in literal months good gosh. i've lowkey drifted from the hamilton fandom a bit and so i've lost a lot of motivation on this book b u t we're working back to it i swear-

hopefully it won't be another like eight months before i update this again i'll try and get another part out soon promise. also sorry this one is lowkey crap but i remember where this story is going so we're getting back on track

despite the fact this kinda sucks i hope y'all still like it and i'll cya next chapter! thanks for being v e r y patient with me and this book!

~ Galaxy