Chapter Twenty-Eight ♡

Long chapter ish... whoops.

~ one week later ~

John's POV

Two weeks. She had been out for two weeks. And I hadn't talked to Hercules or Laf at all. The only people I really talked to were Amara, (B/F/N), and the Schuyler sisters. I talked to Alex a little, but only a little; the last time I had talked to him was two days ago.

"I just don't understand!" I spoke exasperatedly, pacing the Schuyler sisters' living room.

"Don't understand what, John?"Eliza asked softly.

"I don't understand why. Why everythin' that happened recently is happenin'," I paused, looking at them. "Wait... you guys don't know, do you..?"

"We know (Y/N)'s in the hospital... you're telling us there's more?" Angelica looked at me.

"Yeah. Are you sure y'all wanna hear?"

"May as well be updated on what we missed. Besides, I'm curious," Peggy responded.

"Aight..." I sighed, "so basically I had went to see (Y/N) about two weeks ago, and Laf and Hercules were there. I asked how she was doin' and then Hercules told me she had recently flat-lined, and all I said was "my beautiful girl" before he got all aggressive and called me f*ckin' possessive."

All three sisters looked shocked. "He called you possessive?" Peggy asked in surprise, "John, you're not even close to that!"

"Apparently not to him and Laf," I muttered.

"Laf agreed with him?" Eliza repeated.

"Yep," I confirmed.

"That's bull," Angelica exclaimed, "all you've done is help her twice! Since when is using the word 'my' once make you possessive?"

"Alex told me he said the same thing, but I haven't talked to him either for the past two days."

"Why's that?" Peggy inquired.

I shrugged a bit. "I.. It's weird. If he just hadn't opened his mouth that day and accused her, we wouldn't even be in this mess.."

"You have to remember he's human, John," Eliza responded after a beat, "Alex just tends to... run cold, you know? He knows how to lock-on to people. But you and Alex of all people shouldn't be left alone."

"Liza's right. As weird as it is to say, Alex needs the reassurance right now, because if he's left alone, he's going to push himself into passing out. And John.. you get.. kinda.. well destructive when you're really distraught or angry. You and Alex need to help each other, especially if Laf or Herc won't," Angelica added.

"Yeah, because Hercules needs to get his head out of his *ss so Laf'll do the same," I replied bitterly, my eyes narrowing.

"I'm sure when (Y/N) wakes up, you can sort things out with them if you can't sooner," Peggy reasoned.

"Oh, I already know I can't now," I muttered, taking out my phone. "He's made that pretty damn clear."

I went to Hercules's contact, flipping my phone so the sisters could see the glowing screen.

Johnny: Look, I know you're pissed off at me, but we don't know when (Y/N) is going to wake up, and frankly, I don't want her waking up to find us arguing about something like this. The least you can do is not be angry long enough to put some sh*t aside.

Herc: It's always about you, ain't it? "I don't want her". It's always you and her, and never you and us. I've tried putting up with it, but it's too ridiculous. Talk to me when your head is out of your *ss, you're not being so self-centered, and when you realize you and (Y/N) aren't above all of us.

Johnny: You have to be really damn oblivious to think when I use "I" that I'm only talking about me. I know all of you don't want her waking up to this, I'm just stating my opinion. If anything, you need to get your own head out of your *ss and wise up; we're all equal, not above.

Herc: Don't even talk to me right now. I don't need to say something and hurt your feelings any further.

"Seriously? Herc is being that shallow-minded?" Peggy gaped.

"Tell me about it," I muttered, "at least I can say I tried."

"That's just stupid!" Eliza exclaimed as I pulled back my phone.

"It's official: Hercules is an idiot," Angelica groaned. She stood up after a moment.

"Angie? Where are you going?" Peggy asked.

"To assist him in getting his head out of his *ss since he's ignoring his own boyfriends. That's what I'm doing," her oldest sister responded coolly. Without another word from Angelica, she walked out of the living room and we heard the front door open and close.

"If Ange doesn't kill him, it's gonna be me or Alex when (Y/N) wakes up," I spoke, looking at the two remaining sisters.

"Let's just hope Ange talks some sense into him," Eliza replied, sighing.

"And Laf," Peggy added, Eliza and I nodding, "if he's there at least."

Angelica's POV

To say I was a bit pissed off was a lie. Was Hercules really that dense to say sh*t like that at a time like now? Both John and (Y/N) were two of my closest friends, and the fact that Hercules thought they were essentially "higher above" everyone else was kinda aggravating.

When I got to his and Laf's place, I knocked on the door, trying to conceal my anger. The door opened after a few beats, revealing Hercules. He looked confused at first. "Angelica? What're you doing here?"

"Congratulations," I spat.

Before Hercules could speak, I walked past him into the apartment. I turned so I was facing him.

"You have invented a new kind of stupid. A 'damage you can never undo' kind of stupid. An 'open all the cages in the zoo' kind of stupid. 'Truly, you didn't think this through?' kind of stupid."

"I'm not being stupid, I'm being honest," Hercules responded, eyes narrowing.

"Honest my *ss!" I shot back. "You seriously think you can just tell your boyfriend that he's possessive? When you know he's grieving as well? Hercules, there's a time and a place for everything, and you did not say those things in the proper time or place.

And before you interrupt me, I'm not done yet. John has saved (Y/N) from emotional scars that could've lasted the rest of her life. He's seen her at her worst moments. Just because you haven't saved her like he did, just because you haven't seen her at her worst, just because their bond might be a little stronger than yours, and just because John used the word 'my' once, does not give you in any way the right to call him possessive."

"Don't you see though?! All he's ever worried about now is her! He gives less of a sh*t about us now than he did before he saved her!" I could tell Hercules was running out of things to say, quoting things he had already said.

"Don't you see? Aren't you worried about her too? You're taking this the complete wrong way! Sure, John shows he's worried more, or occasionally sticks a little closer to her, but he's not hogging her! That's possessive! He's never cared any less, Hercules! You need to pull your head out your *ss to see he wants to make up; not for his sake, or just (Y/N)'s, but for all of you! You don't want her seeing this, do you?"

"Get out." Hercules's voice was a low growl, but I wasn't intimidated.

"Fine," I answered simply, "you're just looking for a reason to stay mad and look tough. But when (Y/N) wakes up wondering what the hell happened, and you don't even want to face her and tell the truth, I know John, Alex, or myself will be glad to tell her what was said."

I walked past him towards the door, turning briefly and sending him a cold smile. "Congratulations."