Chapter Fifteen ♡

WARNING: breaking and entering. insane ex-boyfriend~

"See you soon. And don't worry; she's fine. I know it."

John's POV

As soon as I had gotten the second call from (B/F/N), I was definitely worried. I literally just got with the girl I've been in love with and now she's already missing somewhere.

I managed to get out of work after little convincing. I work at an animal shelter and my boss was kind enough to let me leave. I soon found myself at (B/F/N)'s apartment; where Amara opened the door. "John! Come in!"

I stepped inside to see a pacing (B/F/N). Amara glanced at me, her warm brown eyes sparkling with concern. "She's been like this since she got back. I didn't think she'd get this worried."

"My best friend could be in danger! Of course I'm gonna get worried, Mar!" (B/F/N) exclaimed.

Amara sighed, walking over to her panicking girlfriend. "(B/F/NN), love, come here."

Amara pulled (B/F/N) into a hug and only then did I see the tears in (B/F/N)'s (B/F/EC) eyes. They pulled apart after a moment and I followed the two to their sitting area. They sat on the couch while I sat on a chair near the couch.

We tried planning out where she could be, but that took way longer than expected.

~ time skip to that night ~

The three of us had checked all over New York. Central Park, her apartment, even a few shops. She wasn't anywhere. We were back in the sitting area, extremely worried, when my phone dinged. I pulled my phone out of my shorts pocket to check.

Messages

(N/N): John! I need help! Please!

I looked up at the girls. "It's (Y/N)!" Both girls stood up immediately and stood by either side of the chair.

Johnny: (N/N)? What's wrong???

It was a prolonged moment of silence.

(N/N): Call me please!

My phone started ringing as (Y/N)'s name appeared. I clicked it immediately.

"What's wrong, chickadee?"

I could hear her breathing heavily and crying on the other end. "(N/N), you need to tell me what's wrong..."

"S-someone's at my apartment! I w-was followed h-home!"

I exchanged panicked glances with (B/F/N) and Amara. "Did you see who it was?" Amara asked quickly.

"I-it's the g-guy who tried t-to h-harass me last w-week!" (Y/N)'s voice choked out.

My eyes widened. "What the f*ck does he still want with you?!"

"I-I found out h-he's my e-ex... his name is A-Adrian... I h-hadn't recognized him b-before!"

I was about to reply when there was loud banging noises from her end.

"Come on out, sweetheart~! We never finished what we started!" I faintly heard a guys voice exclaim.

"He's t-trying to break i-in!" (Y/N) whisper-shouted.

"Calm down, baby girl. We'll get you, don't worry," I responded.

"P-please hurry, J-John. He's gonna--" She was cut off my even louder banging and the same voice.

"Don't hide from me, babe! I know you wanna come out~! Come say hi to me, please~"

She started crying more. "H-hurry, John. P-please! I'm t-terrified!"

"I'll be right there, (N/N). Please hang tight," I responded quickly.

"O-okay. T-thank y-you--"

BANG!

There was a loud noise and she screamed, and the call ended with a 'beep'. I stood up immediately. "I'm going over there. He's not taking her on my watch."

Before the girls could say anything, I ran out of the apartment. I exited the complex and raced down the street, brushing past a few people.

~

As I arrived at (Y/N)'s complex, I couldn't help but wonder why Adrian didn't attract attention. He should've attracted at least someone!

I pushed my thoughts aside, booking it up the stairs instead of the elevator. When I reached her floor, I ran down the hall to find her door ajar.

"Where are you, sweetheart? I know you're in here~!" Adrian's voice rang out, a hint of insanity behind the layer of sweet.

I crept into the apartment, faintly seeing Adrian in (Y/N)'s bedroom down the hall. I knew she must've been in her closet. I hurried silently down the hall, reaching the bedroom once he opened the door.

"I told you babe, you can't hide from me~!"

I snuck up behind Adrian, seeing (Y/N)'s scared (E/C) eyes widen when she saw me. Adrian must've thought it was because of him her eyes widened, because he chuckled. "Don't be scared, sweetheart~"

"I-I'm not..." she replied quietly.

"And why's that? You know I'd never hurt you; is that right?"

I took that opportunity to pull him back, startling him. "Nope. Because she has me, you insane b*tch."

Adrian's dark eyes widened when he saw me. "You!" he growled.

I smirked. "That's right."

He tried to swing a punch at me, but I ducked, hitting him even harder. He stumbled back and I hit him again. "Y-you b*stard..." he spat.

I only kept smirking, hitting him square in the face once more. He toppled over, knocked out cold.

I looked back at (Y/N), who's wide eyes met mine. She crawled out from her closet corner, and I knelt down, pulling her into my arms. She sobbed quietly as I rubbed her back. "You're alright, baby girl. It's fine now," I whispered.

"Y-you saved m-me... a-again..." she spoke quietly.

"I'd do it a thousand more times, chickadee."

She didn't reply, only crying silently for a few minutes as I kept rubbing her back gently. After a bit, she finally looked up, saying a soft "thank you".

I cupped her tear-stained cheek, wiping away tears that were still falling. Her smaller hand rested on mine as I used my free hand to pull out my phone, entering a number.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Hello... I'd like to report a break-in..."

After telling the operator, I put my phone down, rubbing (Y/N)'s cheek with my thumb. I rested my forehead against hers, and she smiled softly. We enjoyed the silence while we could; I knew we wouldn't be hearing it for a while after tonight.

---

Dramatic enough for you guys? XD I do hope you enjoyed this chapter. Writing dramatic stuff (with John saving/helping the reader) is always fun... I don't love John Laurens too much I swear...

I'll cya guys next chapter~!

~ Galaxy