Ch.23

I see he brought a gun up to Niall's head and I scream at him to stop. I lurch forward and force all of my weight on him and he falls to the ground. The gun falls to the ground with a clank and Harry rolls over so that he's laying under me. He spits in my face and I instantly flinch.

"Are you kidding me!" I shout and I bring my sleeves up to my face and wipe his spit off.

He gives me a smirk and pushes me off him and reaches over to pick up the gun. I go and reach out for it before he can get to it but nobody gets to it in time before Niall picks it up off the ground. I push myself off the ground and rush over to Niall.

"Go. I'll handle this." He whispers in my ear. I shake my head and go into the kitchen to call the police.

I grab my phone off the counter and frantically dial the cops.

"911, what's your emergency?" The operator asks through the phone.

"Somebody just entered my house and tried to kill my friend. Please send help-" I was cut off by the sound of a gun going off and I scream. The noise rattled the whole house and was ringing in my ears. I dropped my phone and ran to where the boys were last. I didn't see them so I ran back into the kitchen, grabbed my phone and frantically ran outside to look for them.

"Send help quick!" I scream into the phone and hang up.

I didn't see them outside and with every minute that passed, a horrible knot was forming in my stomach. I was still running around everywhere looking for them and then I hear the police sirens.

My eyes fill with tears as I still can't find them. My whole body crashes to the ground as the cops run towards me. I didn't care what the hell happens to Harry, he could have been shot dead and I wouldn't care, I just didn't want anything to happen to Niall.

"Ma'am? Are you okay? Can you hear me?" One officer asks as he comes down to me on the ground and the other officers rush inside the house, guns raised.

I can see a puddle of my tears on the ground underneath me and my body is shaking heavily.

"Find Harry!" I scream at the officer and I burst into more tears. I feel arms wrap around me and I am gently pulled to my feet. My vision is hazy from all the tears and I'm lightheaded.

I turn around and see the officers come back out, with no Niall or Harry.

"We are starting a search" he says to the officer holding me up "where do you think they could have gone?" He then turns to me.

"I don't know honestly. But there is a field behind my backyard, maybe the went there."

The officer then calls out to some other officers to search the field and then told the others to search the surrounding areas around my house.

"Hun what's your name?" A woman officer asks.

"Ashley" I reply and she gives me a smile.

"Ok Ashley, do you have any connections to these boys?" She asks, pulling out a notepad.

"Yes. One is my friend and the other is, uh, just some guy that used to, er, bully me?" I say, more as a question than a statement.

"Is the bullying still a recurring thing?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Was this incident directed towards you? Or were you just in the wrong place at the wrong time?"

"When he came in, he pushed past me and ran straight towards Niall."

"Niall? Is that your friend?" I shake my head yes.

"And who's the one trying to hurt your friend?"

"His name is Harry."

"Last name Styles?" She asks and I look up, giving her a confused look.

"Yeah. How do you know his last name?" I question. She ignores my question and closes her notepad. She walks away to the closest officer and whispers something to him.

She then walks back to me and looks down at her feet.

"Harry has been in and out of trouble and we all know that. Harry was on probation so we will have no trouble finding him, if he hasn't taken off his ankle brace." She gives me another smile and walks off.

Ok? But I wasn't about Harry! I was worried about Niall! Sure, Niall has a build but he could never take on Harry.

I pull out my phone and call Louis.

"Hello?" He asks.

"Louis please come to my house. We have a little problem."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. But I don't know about Niall." I say, feeling a teardrop fall down my cheek.

"I'm on my way." He says and hangs up.

I put my phone back in my pocket and I walk in circles. I run my fingers through my hair and breathe in and out.

An officer walks over to me and asks if I wanted to go down to the station and wait and see if they would be sent there. I shake my head no and continue pacing.

I then see Louis' car pull up and him hop out and run to me. I run into his arms and he wraps his arms around my back and I put my head on his shoulder and just cry.

He pets my hair and tells me everything is going to be okay and doesn't seem to mind how I'm staining his shirt with all my tears.

"Ashley? We have your friend." The same officer that asked me all those questions tells me as she rubs my arm and walks back off. I move away from
Louis and run to his car. I sit in the passenger seat and he gets in the driver seat and we follow the police cars.

I walk into the station with Louis walking very close behind me. We're walking down a hall and I look into all the rooms we past. I suddenly see Niall in one all bruised up and I stop quickly, Louis running into me and grabbing my waist so I don't fall. We run into the room and I immediately start asking questions.

"What happened?! I walked back to get you and you weren't there!"

"Harry grabbed me and took me into the field behind your house. Liam and Zayn were there too."

Ok this is what I'm pretty sure everybody wanted to hear. Hopefully the next chapter is a little better. But until then, enjoy!