Part 86

Y/n L/n

I was laying in bed when Melissa walked through the door as if she was the owner of the house, I looked at her confused and locked my phone.

She looked at me and took a deep breath.

"Jack just asked me if I wanted to marry him" she spatted out.

"Girl, what the fuck?" I asked.

"I don't know. I'm freaking out"

"Maybe he's joking"

"He looked dead serious" she replied while walking back and forth.

"Sit down, you're making me nervous"

She finally sat down and took a deep breath again.

"Okay, so..." she started "We were hanging out as per usual, and then suddenly he kneeled before me, because I was sitting on the bed, and just asked 'would you like to marry me?'"

"And what did you answer?"

"I asked him what he meant and he was like 'well, I want to get married to you' and I was like" she started and made a face of confusion "and he said that not right now, obviously, but he already has the ring and everything"

"You said no?" I asked.

"I said yes, because he explained that the ring was more meant as a promise that one day that will happen but I just cannot Stop thinking about how we're 17 years old. What if we grow up and he found someone else or something? I-"

"Breath" I interrupted.

"I said yes, we had a nice moment together and then I said I had to go and care straight here"

"Do you actually want to marry him?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Well, yeah, i mean, the way I feel when I'm with him... the way I feel about him, it's just..."

"... magical" I finished for her. I know that feeling, I felt it when I was with Finn. I still remember the calmness I'd feel - I still feel - when he walked in a room.

"Y/n?" Melissa asked after a couple minutes of silence.

"Yeah?" I responded, taking my gaze to hers, so she knows I'm listening.

"You still love Finn, don't you?"

"I don't think there will ever be a day in which I won't"

She place her arm around my shoulders and I placed my head on her. I didn't even cry, I felt broken but not one tear came down my eyes.

I just loved him so much... but i couldn't have him. How could I be with someone who doesn't know the meaning of loyalty?

"I just don't understand" I started and took a deep breath "How am I never enough for him?"

Finn Wolfhard

4 AM

All I could do was toss and turn, not being able to sleep, multiple thoughts running through my mind, reminding me how badly I've screwed up and how I would never take be able to take back my actions.