{ FOUR }

CHAPTER 4 | Jaida

(^ A pic of Zack's beautiful friend: Jaida <3)

I woke up from the sound of my phone's alarm, the tune increasing in volume with each passing second. I groaned and grabbed it to shut the alarm.

I didn't want to get up from my bed. It was so warm and comfortable. The day outside looked blueish and it was so cold that my windows were sweating. I fought to keep my eyes open and not fall asleep again.

I checked my phone to see I had some unread messages. I remembered the group where Vincent added us.

Amber: Wake up, u lazy asses!!😂

Vincent: Nah, just let me sleep a while longer

Amber: Zacky, u there??👀
Amber: u won't want to miss ur first day with u know who 😅

Damn, I almost forgot that today I had chemistry class with my worst enemy, the one who hates me, the one I like.

Me: Don't even remind me ;-;

I wish this was some kind of joke. I thought they weren't serious, but judging by the surprised looks on their faces yesterday, I guess they were.

I got up from my bed and changed into something warm. I put on a hoodie and a pair of fingerless gloves.
I grabbed my backpack and went down the stairs to the hall. I went to the kitchen to look for something to eat. I just found some cereal so that's what I had for breakfast.

After I finished, I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. I waited for a while until I heard a car approaching. I walked to the door and opened it to see my aunt getting out of the car.

"Good morning, Zack." She greeted rubbing her hands against each other and trembling slightly.

"Morning." I replied yawning.

"Quite a cold day, isn't it?" She asked and I nodded. "You already had breakfast?"

"Yeah, some cereal."

"I was going to prepare some pancakes."

"Maybe another time. Today I don't feel like eating pancakes."

"Ok, so you're ready to go?"

"Yes."

I walked out, closing the door behind me and walking towards the car.

I caught a glimpse of someone walking down the street and I looked to see a very familiar figure. A girl with blue hair and she had her earbuds on. I instantly recognized her.

Her eyes landed on my direction and they widened at the sight of me. She took one earbud out and approached me.

"Zack?"

"Hey, Amber." I greeted with a small smile.

"Hey. You live here?" She asked looking around my house.

"Yeah."

"Wow, my house is just 5 blocks away from yours!"

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, isn't that great?" She said excited.