{ ELEVEN }

CHAPTER 11 | Different

ZACK'S P.O.V.

Right after I had come out to my friends, and after finally telling them I liked Mark, they made a fuss about it, especially Vincent. He said that how could I like a jerk like him. But the real question is: who doesn't like him? Whether he's a douche or not, it's impossible not to like him. I didn't say that out loud, though.

But really, sometimes I wished Mark was different. That he changed his arrogant attitude, that he stopped being a jerk, that he didn't hate me. I wish he would be friendlier, with everyone, not just me. But I guess his friends and girlfriend are the only ones who can see that side of him. Maybe he's cool and nice with them only. Or who knows? Maybe he's also a jerk to them, and they don't mind because that's just how they like Mark. Maybe he's not nice at all.

If only I could know what he's thinking about. What made him the way he is.

I had also confessed to my friends the real reason why Mark hated me so much. I told them he got angry because he caught me looking at him, and got the idea that I liked him, which is not a lie at all. I told them that every time I look at him, it ends with him insulting me or punching me. He absolutely doesn't like having other guy's eyes on him.

I told them that the bruise on my cheek wasn't because I slipped in the shower, but that Mark had been the real reason. Vincent, being the protective boy he is, made another fuss about it.

"I knew it! I told you all there was something off in that shower tale!" Vincent told the girls, then turned to me. "Why didn't you tell me, Zack? I should have been there to finish him off right there! But I swear that when I see him again, he's not gonna get away with it. Nobody messes up with my friends!"

"I'll gladly help." Said Jaida.

"Um, I don't like to fight, but if it's for Zacky then I'm in." Amber said.

I was glad that my friends supported me, but as much as I'd like to see them giving Mark what he deserves, I think that would just make things worse. Not to mention that his minions would be there the entire time to help him too.

I told them that everything would be okay as long as I didn't look at Mark ever again. Yeah, that's what I tell myself all the time, and I keep doing it. It doesn't help that he's in chemistry class with me either. The only solution would be that he moves to another school. Most likely that I move to another school.

If he doesn't like other guys looking at him, then why did he have to be so damn attractive?! With his huge muscles that can be seen under his clothes, his abs, his strong arms, his beautiful eyes, the tiny beard that decorates his cheeks, his pink and tempting lips-

I was snapped out of my thoughts with the loud sound of the bell ringing across the main hall. I noticed I had just been playing with the spoon in the milk and I hadn't finished my cereal.

The bell continued on ringing repetitively, until it became frustrating. I groaned, standing up to go open the door. There's only one person who rings the bell like this.

"Ok ok, stop!" I told the girl who was standing in my doorway.

"Oh, hey Zacky!" Amber flashed me one of her innocent smiles.

"Is there a reason you have to ring the bell like that?"

"Sorry, I like playing with your bell." She giggled and I just deadpanned at her. "Anyway, ready to go?"

"Yeah, I'll just brush my teeth."

"I'll wait for you."

I went to the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth before grabbing my backpack and heading out with Amber.