{ TWENTY-THREE }

CHAPTER 23 | Him

Thanks for 800 reads!

I washed my hands after using the restrooms and wiped them on my sweatshirt. I checked myself for a while in the mirror before walking out. Vincent was waiting for me near the door. He was typing on his phone, rather irritatingly. I stood next to him, catching him a bit by surprise.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked him.

He sighed. "Jai." I nodded and then he put his phone back in his pocket. "Man, this girl is so hard to conquer. I really like her but... I feel like we just don't connect." He said as he intertwined his fingers together. "She hates what I like, and I like what she hates. I've tried to impress her but nothing works. We don't have anything in common. One day I asked her if she liked pineapple in her pizza, and guess what she answered?"

"She... likes it with pineapple?"

"No." He shook his head. "She doesn't like pizza at all! Like, what the hell, who doesn't like pizza?!" He cried out.

"Wow, Vin. That really hurts." I said with an apologetic smile.

"I know right... Hey, Zack, do you know how to conquer a girl, by any chance?" He asked.

I snorted. "If I was straight and I had dated a lot of girls, I would gladly give you advice, Vin." He chuckled at that. "Why don't you ask Amber about it? She surely knows a lot about what girls like and what not."

"No, she surely wouldn't stop making fun of me. What if she tells Jaida all of my feelings for her, and Jaida says she doesn't feel the same and I make a fool out of me?"

I chuckled. He overthinks too much just like I do. "I don't think she would dare to do that. Yeah, she likes to make fun of you and embarrass you but she would never humiliate you."

"Well... I think I will ask her. But not now that she's with Jaida. I can't help but feel nervous when I'm around her." He admitted as we started making our way to the exit.

"That's exactly how I feel when... I'm around Mark." I said the last part with a low voice.

He chuckled. "Aw, Zack is in love with Mark, isn't he?" He nudged my arm.

I blushed a little at his comment. "And Vincent is in love with Jaida. So cute!" I nudged him back and he just smiled.

Then, out of the corner of a wall, Skylar appeared with a notebook on her hand, her eyes roaming around, like looking for someone. As her eyes landed on us, on mine specifically, she started walking our direction.

"There you are." She said as she stood in front of us, making us stop. I looked at her confusingly.

"Um, who?" Vincent asked.

"This kid." She replied as she motioned her head towards me. "And you, screw off." She told Vincent, pointing a thumb behind her.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"I need to talk to him." She said and I got nervous. No, Vincent, don't leave!

He looked at her suspiciously before looking at me. "We'll wait for you at the exit, okay?"

I sighed and nodded. He patted my shoulder before giving one last look to Skylar and he walked past her.

Once he left, I shifted uncomfortably on my spot, looking down at my fingers. What does she want? Is she going to make fun of me?

"Stop shaking. I'm not going to hurt you." She said as she rolled her eyes.

I looked up at her briefly, then she continued. "Look, I need you to do me a big favor, so can you please listen to me and not doze off while I'm speaking?"