{ THIRTY-FOUR }

CHAPTER 34 | Hopeless

ZACK'S P.O.V.

I'm so stupid to confess to Mark that I like him. I just thought that if I told him my true feelings for him, he would do the same. But he said nothing. Maybe he's not ready to tell me, or he simply doesn't like me at all. It must be the latter.

And I myself said that I wouldn't fall for him so easily. Huh, not even I can believe that. Whatever his game was, he managed to make me fall for him successfully. He got what he wanted. Oh, I can't wait for the day when he decides to break my heart (note the sarcasm).

If he calls me again to go to meet him to that place, I'm afraid I won't be attending this time. I don't care if he threatens me to death. If he wants to keep calling me to go there only to kiss me without explaining anything, then I simply won't do it. I'm just falling deeper into his trap every passing day, and I don't want that.

How can I be so stupid to think that he liked me?! He's straight! He has fucked almost every girl in this goddamn school! He continues to kiss his skank of a girlfriend whenever he has the opportunity! What other proof do I need?

If he kissed me, it's because he knows I'm bisexual. And Mark, being the homophobic asshole he is, he thinks that playing with me is the best way to make fun of me to later crunch my heart in pieces. I've seen cases of straight guys kissing other boys to play with their emotions, and I don't doubt Mark is one of them.

I better get over him. It won't be easy, because he has been my all time crush. But seeing his attitude and what he's trying to do to me, I think I'm starting to like him less. I don't know if I still like him, or if I hate him. Possibly both things. Ugh, this is so complicated.

I wish I could be with Wyatt. He's better than Mark. He's gay, cute and hot. A shame that I forgot to ask for his number. But probably he wouldn't like to be in a relationship either. So I hope I can find someone who can make me get over Mark. He's not the only human being in this world anyway... But damn, he was the most perfect one I had ever seen. And I don't think that anyone else would make me feel the same as Mark when I kissed him. I feel like there's something special between us, but he doesn't seem to feel the same.

It's Friday and Amber went shopping with Jaida for her date with Elliot. Vincent has gone home already. I'll just wait for my aunt so she can take me home. I'll spend the rest of the weekend eating ice cream and pizza until I get fat while berating myself for the shitty decisions that I take in life.

My phone vibrated in my pants, indicating me that I had a message. I got anxious at knowing who it was. Although it could be someone else, but I had no doubt that this idiot was messaging me to go to that place again. I pulled out my phone and I wasn't surprised to find his message.

Mark: You already know

That's all he needed to say to make me get the message. What a bad timing that now that my friends aren't around and I can avoid lying to them to go and see Mark, it's when I decide that I won't go.

Me: Sorry, I can't go
I have to be home early

Mark: I don't care
Just tell your parents that you have to stay longer or whatever

Me: I already told them that I'm on my way

Mark: Don't you fucking lie to me Zack
I know you're still at school so I order you to come here in this moment

Me: I'm not lying
Sorry, I have to go now, bye

I placed my phone back in my pants as I saw my aunt's car parking a few feet away from me. I walked over to it and got inside, while my phone started vibrating like crazy.