{ FORTY-NINE }

CHAPTER 49 | Perfect

As soon as my sleepy brain caught the sound of my alarm ringing loudly, I shot my arm out of the covers and grabbed my phone, hitting the stop command. I pushed the covers away of my body and stretched my arms, legs and curled my toes, earning a cracking sound for each part. I rubbed my eyes and turned on my phone, rereading the messages that Zack and I exchanged last night before I fell asleep. I grinned, my stomach fluttering at every cute word that we called each other.

Zack: So I'll see you there at 1:50, okay baby? n.n
Get some sleep now

Me: Yes baby I'll be there 😉
I'm in my bed already 😁😁

Zack: Good boy ^^
Sleep well baby. I'm going to sleep too 😴

Me: Okayy, me too!
See you tomorrow!
Cutie 🙈

Heh, we're so cheesy.

The thought of seeing him again today had me shooting up from my bed and looking for my clothes for the day. Even though I would only see him for a few minutes before his own classes started and I had to come back home, still every precious second counted. I couldn't wait for the next weekend to arrive already so we could see each other for longer.

When I was ready, I went to my bathroom to take a pee. After that, I washed my hands and had a look at myself in the mirror. I fixed my hair with my hands only a bit. I had to look good for Zack. After that, I smiled to myself, walking out of the bathroom, grabbing my backpack and my phone and going down the stairs.

Once at the bottom of the stairs, I walked over to the kitchen to pour me a glass of milk. Ah, how I wish my Zacky baby was here to prepare me some of his delicious pancakes. As I stepped into the kitchen, I jumped slightly at seeing my mom with a mug of coffee on her hand, looking tired as she yawned.

"Good morning, Mark." She greeted.

"Hey... What are you doing up so early?" I asked, opening the fridge and taking out the carton of milk.

"I didn't have a good sleep last night. I woke up to go to the bathroom and then I didn't feel like going to bed again." She said.

"Oh, I see." Was all I could say as I grabbed a glass and poured the milk.

Before I could start drinking it, my mom opened one of the cupboards and took out a glazed donut. She said that she had saved it for me. I thanked her with a smile and ate the donut with the milk. I ate in silence, enjoying the sugary flavor of the glazed donut in my mouth along with the fresh milk until I finished it and licked my fingers like a messy baby.

After that, I washed my hands a last time and it was time for me to go to school. But before that, something in me wanted to know something as I turned to my mom who continued to sip on her coffee. I approached her and started to play with the straps of my backpack.

"Um... Mom?"

"Yes?" She asked, glancing at me.

"...Can I ask you a question?" I asked nervously.

"Of course. What is it?" She asked, placing her mug on the counter and focusing her attention on me.

I felt my heart pounding inside my chest rapidly. I didn't even know why I was doing this.

"Um... Let's suppose that... Uh... Let's make a supposition, okay?" I started. My mom looked at me with a confused face but waited for me to speak. "So... What- What would you do... If I told you..." I drawled, my heart pounding faster due to the nervousness and fear. "That I... That I'm gay?"