{ SEVENTEEN }

CHAPTER 17 | First

There is change of P.O.V. in this chapter, I hope you don't mind u.u

MARK'S P.O.V.

Sometimes I just can't help making a fool of myself for speaking before thinking. I say really stupid things which later make people uncomfortable or they get misunderstood. Why did I even say he was cute? That he looked like a puppy? I don't even like puppies. I just tried to explain that any person would find him cute because he has something that gives him that adorable look. But he's too dumb to understand that.

Anyway, I had to focus on the upcoming party that was going to start in a few minutes. Mom and dad had left already, not before telling us not to do anything stupid during their absence. Of course we obeyed, because a simple party wasn't something stupid.

I was trying to make the house look neat for the first invites who arrived. I didn't even know why I was doing this, if this place was going to end up like a dumpster the next morning. At least Wyatt will be in charge of cleaning the disaster.

He later came running down the stairs dressed in a white shirt under a vest, green cargo pants and a pair of black boots. He kinda looked like a soldier. He has always liked everything related to soldiers and militants. As a kid, he used to play with his soldier figures and he also acted as if he was one, jumping all over the beds and hiding behind furniture, using his hands as weapons.

"Mark!" He exclaimed. "What are you doing there standing like an idiot? Get ready, the invites are coming soon!"

I glared at him. "I'm already ready, you fool."

"Really? Huh, you look boring as always."

Please, I was wearing a completely different jacket this time, a grey one. If he can't make the difference then he must have vision problems.

I scoffed. "And you look like you're getting ready for a fucking world war."

He laughed. "I know right. Besides, this outfit makes me look hot, and I have to look hot for the gentlemen." He said as he fixed his hair.

I gave him a look of slight disgust, but then I was also starting to get worried. I needed to tell him something really important but I didn't know if he'd accept it.

"Hey, um... By the way, I just wanted to tell you..." I trailed.

"What?" He asked, looking at me expectantly.

I sighed. "Just don't... tell anyone that you're... you know." I looked at him, hoping he would get the message but he just kept looking back at me, and it seemed like he wasn't going to end the sentence. I sighed again and rolled my eyes. "Don't tell them that you're gay."

"Why not? Are you ashamed that your friends find out that you have a gay brother?"

Shit, not again.

He continued. "Would that ruin your so much loved reputation, and everyone will think that you're gay just because your brother is gay too?"

"It's not that, okay?" I lied. Actually, it was that. What would people think of me if they found out I have a brother who takes it up the ass? "I'm just... worried that they might insult you."

"Mark." He gave me a serious look. "I've dealt with many kinds of insults ever since I came out. From many kinds of people, including dad and even you." I looked down guiltily at the mention of that. "But I've learned to live with them, you know? I can handle any stupid insults these kids are willing to throw at me."