{ THIRTY }

CHAPTER 30 | Unforeseen

Mark's voice sounded sleepy and tired, so probably he didn't hear what we were talking about. What I have to do now is find an escape route from his bedroom so he doesn't find out that I slept with Wyatt. But how?

The most reliable choice would be to jump out from the window, but that will depend on how high the distance is from the window to the floor. I'm not a very athletic person, and I'm not going to take the risk of jumping out and spraining my ankle or something.

But I can't risk staying here either and let Mark know that I like guys too. How would he react? Not nice at all. He would hate me way more to the point where the insults won't be enough and he will have to beat me up instead. Oh my God, what do I do?

Wyatt quickly grabbed and put on the rest of his clothes. I did the same. I didn't have to get up from the bed to get my clothes because Wyatt was picking them up and giving them to me. When I was fully dressed, I only had to put on my shoes.

I put them on and I stood up from the bed. But a terrible pain in my butt made me stop and I groaned in pain.

Wyatt noticed this. "Are you okay? Can you walk?" He whispered.

"I don't know... It hurts..." I said in a low voice, placing a hand on my lower back.

"That's normal. It will disappear in some hours." He assured me.

"Wyatt!" Mark kept banging on the door.

"I'm coming!"

I took some steps forward. My butt hurt with every step I took. I was limping instead of walking. Geez, being sore after a hot night of fucking is terrible.

I limped over to the windows that were next to Mark's bed. I looked down through one of them. Only by doing that, I felt myself getting dizzy. Nope. I can't jump down from that. It's so damn high. Much less with a sore ass.

"What are you doing?" Wyatt asked me.

"Wyatt, I need to escape. I can't let Mark see me here. He will know we slept together." I said worriedly in a very low voice so only he could hear me.

"Are you really going to jump out from the window?" He asked, in the same low tone of voice.

"No, I don't think I can. Can't I hide somewhere?"

"He will find you anyway. Look, just let him see you. He won't get angry. He already knows I'm gay."

"But he doesn't know I like boys too!"

"Then let's give him a little surprise. He doesn't have to be mad at you because of it. And I'll make sure of that. Trust me."

I was still unsure about this. This is a bad idea. I know how much of an homophobe Mark is, and when he finds out I slept with his brother, he will be beyond pissed. I don't think that it will work if Wyatt threatens him again.

"Wyatt, who the hell are you with?!" Mark asked from the other side of the door.

Wyatt gave me a reassuring look before he walked over to the door and unlocked it. And soon as he did that, the door flew open, almost hitting Wyatt on the face. An annoyed Mark stepped inside the room.

"What the hell, Wyatt. Can't you see my head is hurting so bad-"

He stopped abruptly. And that's when I knew he had noticed me standing in the middle of his room. I was just looking down at my shoes, preparing for the worst.

"What... The hell... Is he doing here... With you?!" Mark asked Wyatt, sounding utterly astonished.

Wyatt didn't reply to his question. Instead, his eyes fixated on me and he told me in a calm voice. "You can leave, Zack."